1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Booked....WDW here we come

Discussion in 'Itineraries' started by Watchinherskip, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

We are booked. My SIL took it upon herself to get a plan together and I am glad for it. So here is what it looks like. DW, DD, one of her girlfrieds, and I are heading to WDW January 4, staying through Jan 8, 2012. We will be meeting my bro, his lovely wife and their two boys (ages 13 and 7). We are staying at....ta da
    Animal Kingdom! When we started our plans we were looking at the mods but got a pretty good deal on the AK. We have either a pool view or a flamingo pond view :tongue: . Is that a good thing? :point: I mean do we want to pay extra to see flamingos?

We are getting park hoppers for 4 days and heading to Universal for the Harry Potter thing. DD is celebrating her 21st. Got to love a kid that wants to go to Disney for a major event, right Becca?

Anyhow I am stoked. Guess we need to put together an itinerary.

Any thoughts? Haven't been to WDW for about 4 years, after the passing on of my Dad.
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Well, first off, I think I would have picked Animal Kingdom Lodge, I can't imagine that AK would be too comfortable. LOL

In all seriousness I can't answer your Flamingo question. I didn't even realize there was a Flamingo Pond View. If you've never done so I would try to book a dinner at JIKO.
  3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

AKL is my favorite resort so far!

I love the theming, the feel of the place, the African music, all the colors and the animal views!!

yipee!!!!!

Pool view, I guess its a building that on one side faces the pool and on the other faces the kids playground/flamingo pond area? right above the food court
  4. Watchinherskip

Touche John!! Although the gorilla pen looks comfy.

Never tried Jiko, but have eaten at Boma and really liked it. My DD is now a vegetarian, as well as her friend tagging along. As I recall there was a big veggie menu.

It is starting to dawn on me that we are really going...have to get a timer up!
  5. Watchinherskip

Sounds nice eh? Hope flamingos are quiet!!:tongue: Actually for the sake of the flamingos, hope my nephews are quiet.:point:
  6. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Could not POSSIBLY agree more, friend. :hug2:

Sounds like a LOVELY trip so far...and I think you'll be happy with AKL (as opposed to the gorilla enclosure ;-) )

Do let them know as you make your dining plans (whether online or on the phone) that your DD (and her friend?) is a veggie...and then remind them when you check in for your reservation. It can only serve to help things go more smoothly, IMO.

Take some time to enjoy your resort...it truly is amazing. Encourage the two boys to try the Kim Possible game in EPCOT, but don't let them have ALL the fun, it really IS entertaining for adults as well...and a great way to see things in the countries that you might otherwise miss. (Plus, you can stop for a drink any time you want!)

Can't wait to hear more!
  7. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Excellent news Dan :D you will have an amazing time :)
  8. Watchinherskip

Excellent idea! I will let them know. Never been to the Kim Possible thing....might have to shoo my DD away from that...she used to watch that all the time!

I have always strived to embarrass my DD by volunteering for EVERY show/game there. She is a hard one to embarrass. Maybe she will try to do the same to me:tongue:
  9. Watchinherskip

Thanks Wendy,

The place looks fantastic. We sort of made a walking tour of it on our last trip. We had dinner at Boma and got a chance to stroll around the place...looks cool.
  10. chief

chief Earning my ears

fab news, its always great to celebrate at disney:yes: the one we go on next easter is to celebrat dh 40th birthday, even though its actually his birthday today!! its still great to have it to look forward too:yes:
  11. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

That indeed is wonderful news, what a Christmas present! Let me know how you like the AKL, it looks beautiful! I love making the ADR's! So many to choose from!!
  12. uscwest

We'll be in JIKO on November 9th.
  13. Watchinherskip

:point:
    Oh my just saw this...please wish him a belated birthday greeting from me. We have a dear friend who insists that she not celebrate a birthDAY, but rather a birthMONTH.:point: Sounds like your DH is stretching even that rule but I think it is great to celebrate his BD then.
  14. Watchinherskip

Jiko it the upscale one right? Boma was a buffet when we went there. Is that still the same?

BTW...called daughter at college last night. I thought that her mom told her where we were staying, she thought I did, so DD learned for the first time last night that we are staying in AK!! She was freaking out...so happy.:yes:
  15. uscwest

Yes Boma is still a buffet and JIKO is upscale
  16. Watchinherskip

YEAH....I am so excited...The Osborne Family Light Spectacle will still be going on our vist. Cool!:thumbsup: I was a bit sad thinking it ended on New Year's Day.

Awesome.:yes:
  17. Beccaberry

LOVELY!! A little bit of early magic for you!
  18. Watchinherskip

Yeah either we are going to be really early for Christmas of 2012 or a hold over from 2011:tongue:

Our family LOVEs the Osborne thing...it wouldn't be right to be there without it in my opinion.

Becca, are you planning to stop bye to see it?
  19. Beccaberry

Christmas Eve. Mama Melrose for dinner and then a stroll (ok, more realistically, a cattle call) through the lights.

Raise your hand if you remember when the lights used to be on the displayed on the Residential Street in the Backlot Tour area? And they used to hand out the holographic glasses? I still have a few pairs from years gone by...may have to dig them out and bring them with us!
  20. Watchinherskip

:wave: oh yes, yes I do. I used to love that. It was awesome. The new thing is ok, but I like the old backlot tour too.:yes:

Bye the way...that is a nice plan. MM with its Christmasy look. Don't forget to go into Its a Wondeful Shop...