1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

booking non-direct flights to orlando?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Disfan, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

How bad is it to connect? we've only gone direct before but the prices from the american airlines are so much better we're thinking of trying them. The connections seem to be within about an hour so it shouldnt add that much time to the journey?
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

We`ve done this a few times with connecting flights from Boston and Atlanta, although nowadays we tend to only use VA so it`s no longer an issue.
    Obviously a direct flight is more convenient but if it is cheaper to use a connecting flight to Orlando then that is the way to go for you.
    Ok, it`s a bit of a hassle getting off the transatlantic flight, going through customs and immigration, then making your way to your next departure gate etc.etc. but at least you won`t have to clear customs/immigration in Orlando when you finally get there.

Just make sure that you give yourself plenty of time in-between flights in case of delays or hold ups going through customs etc.
  3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

And if you're traveling during colder months and have the option of northern or more southern connecting airports, go for the more southern (or otherwise warmer) locations. Usually you'll experience fewer weather-related delays.
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Just be aware that the mid southern states (Virginia through SC) can be problematic with freezing rain. :eek: NOT a good situation at all.
  5. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

That's true, Tink! Living in the west, I always forget about things like that! :sigh;

If there are connecting flights between PHX and MCO, I've learned to avoid St. Louis, Denver and a couple of other spots. I usually go for ABQ or AUS, if possible. And book Leu through LAS, if PHX is possible.

Oops!

That should be "LAS if PHX is not available.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008