1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

booking on my own for the first time.

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by SleepinCatz, Nov 8, 2008.

1. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

Where do I look for my best chances for better rates/specials...anything that may help get us what we want for a little better price?

We are camping at the Ft Wilderness campground this time. Room Rates are getting too high. Not sure if there is any way to help us since it's the campground...but I know ya'll know where to look and how to find it.

Catz
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I actually tend to go to mousesavers.com to see what kind of deals are out there.
  3. SleepinCatz

cool beans :)
  4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

It's a good site and it's always updating so check back often. I think the site puts you in the loop of deals.
  5. SleepinCatz

I've only given it a passing glance in the past...I just went and looked at it a little more closely than usual. You are so right! It is very informative :)
  6. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

send Johnie a pm- she may be able to get you a deal:yes:
  7. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Subscribe to the email newsletters for both mousesavers.com and allearsnet.com. I tend to find the mousesavers newsletter a bit more useful, but enjoy both. Mousesavers is sent around the 15th of the month with one or two updates during the month. I'm thinking allearnetwork newsletter is weekly.

You can set up a free email account on Yahoo or one of the other sights for this sort of thing, if you like. Then you don't have everything going into the mailbox you have for family and friends. And it's easy to ignore for a month or so if you aren't planning a trip in the near future. :)
  8. SleepinCatz

That is a great idea Taja!

Every TA I've spoken too won't touch the campgrounds unless it's the cabins...so I didn't think it would be something Johnie could do since she works for a travel agency ?
  9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Why won't the TA's touch the campgrounds? Hmm I haven't heard this but I am still new. I do know the campgrounds aren't included in specials like free dining.
  10. SleepinCatz

I was told by the last 4 I have worked with that the campsites don't get touched due to they don't make as much to book them. 1 from small world got special permission when I was booking for 2 parties and one would have stayed in the campground. But as it turned out we all wound up staying at Pop that time so it came out better for her. I haven't spoken to anyone yet due to the fact I won't be going until Dec 2010.

So to not keep everyone in the dark...this is the plan: We want to do this one as stress free as possible due to the fact we may not be able to go as a family again for a very long time.

so... 7days/6nights Ft Wilderness campgrounds. we have tents so cheap seats is what we are aiming for lol.

4 adults( we are at this time planning to take Walt-my DS's best friend with us too)
    7 day parkhoppers( no water parks...just plain hoppers lol)
    deluxe dinning plan...3meals/2snacks per person per day( yes I know there is cheaper...but 2 20 yrs old males and 2 neverumindhowolds want to eat at several sit downs to unwind. Plus this way we don't have to budget anything for food we have already paid for it :) )

we want this trip to be really nice and relaxed...and that dinning plan does it for us lol...we may never be able to afford it again but what the heck lol. If I can save money on the campsites or parkhoppers then cool beans :) But I really don't know what sites to trust and how to use my triple A for a discount lol.
  11. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

sounds like a wonderful plan ... although I do have a question if its cooler as it sometimes tends to be in December .... do you have heaters for the tents . I know when DH and I wentto MVMCP in December I had on a turtleneck, sweatshirt, scarf & gloves and I was still cold . How much does Disney Ft Wilderness charge for the grounds . With the specials that WDW has been coming out with , you may be better off booking a resort with Johnie and then once WDW releases a huge deal, Johnie will make sure you get the special .
  12. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I was wondering if it was due to the money. I saw on the ta site that I can book the campgrounds. I have no problem doing that :p015:
  13. SleepinCatz

cool beans Johnie! We would love to work with you as our TA :)...can't wait for them to release the 2010 dates for dec....getting impatient lol.
    Yeah it does have to do with money. Inorder to spoil ourselves the way we want for this next trip, the campground is the cheapest way to go. it's under $50 per night during that time of year so....there we are lol

To answer your question Tinker, they do make heaters for the tents and we will be bringing a couple but to be honest Steve and I sleep with the fans going and the windows open when it's 40 degrees outside so we may not even use them lol.
  14. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

In that case , carry on . :D
    I saw somewhere that Pop Century was only $59.00 a night this coming December . Not sure if that was an AP rate . Just a Thought !