1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Question booking one night stay

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Deafjeff, Jul 4, 2014.

1. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

I've seen the refurb going on at the Polynesian and there's no way I would pay to go there at the moment the place really is more like a building site than a resort. Stay with the BC I'm sure you'll love it

2. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

While the other places are quite nice, I think you will really love AKL. The grounds are lovely, you can go out and get a savannah view from several spots (or your room if you got that view - we had a pool view and it was fantastic). The pools are quite nice if you don't mind the smell of flamingoes. One of my best memories was going to get a night cap and relaxing by the fire place each evening. The lobby is beautiful!

Oh I would suggest bringing a good pair of small binoculars with you or a good long lens for your camera. You can get cool photos of the critters nearby.

I do like the option of going to the BC or Boardwalk as these resorts have so much going on within a short walk.

So which place did you go with?

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

And the lone dissenting voice... :sorry:

With check in at 4:00 pm (generally) and check out at 11:00 am, an overnight does not appeal to me at all.

4. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

I think this is a big factor. Do any disney hotels offer early/late check in/out?

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Very true indeed.

There has to be something really special on that night to justify IMHO :/ and it would have to relate to the hotel. No point checking into GF at 4pm, dumping the bags, leaving to get a bus to EPCOT staying there all night, coming back to GF to sleep and leaving in the morning.

6. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

We did one night at Wilderness Lodge for our 5th wedding anniversary. As a surprise I upgraded us to concierge. I've never been treated so well in my life! They made sure we took advantage of everything possible! They even arranged a freebie fireworks cruise for us!

Beccaberry and keith like this.
  7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

See I love stories like that. I can't say I've ever had it happen to me at Disney but I live in hope :lol:

That must have been magical though especially the fireworks cruise

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Super magical, Vikki!

Yes, I think you can request a late checkout (not sure about an early check in) but if I remember correctly, they will allow it only if the resort is not fully booked. Sometimes, you get lucky and are checked in early, but again, that's only luck of the draw.

9. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

It was wonderful. They knew we were just there for one night so wanted to make it incredible for us. Apparently if there's spaces on fireworks cruise, the concierges are asked to fill them with people staying in concierge rooms.

Beccaberry likes this.