1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Boy killed near Fort Wilderness in yet another Disney Bus Accident

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Apr 1, 2010.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

A Disney bus struck and killed a 10-year-old boy this afternoon while he was riding a bicycle with a friend near Fort Wilderness on Walt Disney World property, the Florida Highway Patrol confirmed.

Sgt. Kim Montes of the FHP said the bus hit the child on Big Pine Drive, a roadway that partially surrounds the 750-acre resort, sometime around 1:45 p.m. The other child was not injured, she said.

Montes said the boy was wearing a safety helmet. He died at the scene. Troopers said the two children were not accompanied by an adult.

"We wish to extend our deepest sympathy to the boy's family and loved ones for their loss," Disney spokeswoman Andrea Finger said. "We're currently providing the necessary resources and care to help the family with this situation."

Finger said the bus driver and witnesses are currently waiting to be interviewed by authorities. Montes said 28 passengers were inside the Disney bus. None of the passengers was injured in the crash.

Just last week, one bus rear-ended a second bus near Epcot, sending eight people to area hospitals. Seven injuries were minor and one was serious, officials said.

The crash happened when one bus stopped to merge as World Drive narrowed from three to two lanes. The second bus did not stop in time and struck the stopped bus.

Attached Files:

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

That's horrible! I can't even imagine.

3. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    So sad. :sorry: RIP little one.

4. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

:sigh: R.I.P Little one :(

5. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I cant even imagine the horror the family is feeling at this time.
    RIP to the child and my prayers go out to the family.

6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular