1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Brave - The Highland Games at Epcot

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Now through July 8, the new Epcot offering “Brave – The Highland Games” will immerse young guests in the Scottish culture, story, and characters of this summer’s Disney-Pixar animated film “Brave,” opening June 22 in Disney Digital 3-D.

Guests spin a wheel to determine their “clan” and play games including Mini Caber Toss, Haggis Flip, Cake Toss, and archery. They also create a rubbing of their assigned clan’s rune stone. “Brave – The Highland Games” is open to guests 11 a.m.-7 p.m. daily through July 8 and can be found on the Epcot Rose Walk (the Future World West walkway leading to World Showcase Promenade). Park admission is required.

[video=youtube;pFAWYtg_OVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFAWYtg_OVQ&hd=1[/video]​

2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Haggis flip? :blech:

Thank goodness I watched the video and cleared that up! [​IMG]

Tom :)macwave:... Burn's supper anyone?)

3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I love Burns supper!

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

What is a Burns supper?

5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Rabbie Burns- hope i spelt that right, was a philandering Scots poet, he was rumoured to have fathered many children by many mothers. One night of the year in January is burns night celebrated in Scotland and in some other places, we go to an event in the Mess and this is what happens there. There is a ceremonial blessing of the haggis and it is paraded around the dining room with a piper walking behind piping. You have a meal that is Scottish based featuring haggis and for dessert we usually have a raspberry and oat dessert (can't remember what it is called) after dinner there is a series of speeches starting with an address to the haggis -talking about Rabbie Burns. Then you have speeches by a male and a female which is usually really funny you drink loads of whisky/baileys and it's a really good night all in all. We usually have scottish dancers too. I really enjoy it but then i do have a taste for single malt so what's not to like!!