1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

budget for disney trip?

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by disney1sttimer, Jul 24, 2008.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

What would be a reasonable budget for 2 adults, 2 children for disney orlando assuming tickets and resort already paid for?

14 nights, food needed, treats and any extras ?

we wont go wild but we dont want to be caught short either :(

2. dzneeprincss

dzneeprincss Earning my ears

What you can do is look over the menus of the restaurants you are interested in and what I usually do is take the most expensive meal that I would eat and use that price as my guideline. As far as souvenirs go limit the amount of money per day to spend on souvenirs and multiply that by 14 and that is what you budget for. We always figure a little extra in case of an emergency and usually come hoje with money in our pockets. John and I actually have a charge card just for the WDW trips and it is empty when we arrive in WDW so if we max it out it is fine because that is our spending money.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Do your children share meals, or rather, could they? What about the two adults? Sometimes the portions are huge and can easily be shared, and that is totally acceptable, except at buffets of course.

You can also order children's meals from counter service for adults. They are quite often enough for an adult. Now that Disney has improved the choices for children it's a bit better.

If you plan on having all your meals with Disney, it will be expensive. If you can eat some off site, or get some provisions from a local grocery store that will bring your food budget down.

Some easy things to do are buy water bottles, and simple things for breakfast and snacks. Youd be surprised how much that can save. :yes:

5. Crafty 475

Crafty 475 Earning my ears

We like to pack peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and bring a bottle of water for each of us. My kids think that doing that is great. This is usually our lunch and then we have a larger meal in the evening. Saves money this way.