1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Help bugs at Disneyworld

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by goofygal, Sep 7, 2013.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

after planning everything down to the minute Im now getting freaked by mention of bugs and snakes at Disney on various websites

apparently its been really wet this summer and there are a lot more bugs out than normal, does anyone know if that's true?????

hate bugs :(
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I haven't seen that many more than usual although there does seem to be more mossies around this year. It could be just because we have come earlier that normal.

I have seen a few love bugs in the last few days :( I hate them even though they can't hurt you :lol: I expect there will be loads of them soon.
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

With heavy rain which tops off lakes, rivers, and retention ponds and soaks lower lying swamp areas, wildlife does tend to seek higher ground. Not intending to add to your fears (no one on earth can outdo me when it comes to fear of snakes) but that is the norm in Florida. With many consecutive days of heavy rains, everyone starts to keep a bit of a lookout for "visitors" from the swamps and other low lying areas.

Bugs? Not so much. Love bug season is nearly on us but they are nothing other than a stupid nuisance. They don't bite, or sting, just fly slowly and annoy you (and make a mess out of your car).
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Just be thankful you weren't there this past May with all infestation of flies. I've never seen it like that.