1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Bull & Bear - Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Wendy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Has anyone eaten here, I've been reading excellent reviews and am wondering whether to give it a try :unsure:

It has a varied menu here

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

OOO it does look good!

3. Wendy

:lol: I thought you'd say that, the prices aren't too bad either, if you look at the pdf it has the prices on there.

4. keith

yeah REALLY like the look of that!!

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Haven't been there... but I must say prices for dinner in the UK must be quite high if you think those prices "aren't too bad!" :eek: :lol: I thought they were pretty high! :eek:

The menu does sound very good though. :yes:

6. keith

Welllll if we go as a couple to a local restaurant. Nothing special but not a chain, so a proper chef, not just reheated stuff, we'd be talking about £120 assuming a cheap bottle of wine. Sooooo around $180-$190 for the two of us for a non-special but nice restaurant. That's "up north" of the UK and prices here are often half what they are in the south of the country.

So to be honest, when we come to Orlando and we have a meal at the columbia in celebration and it comes to $90 or something silly, we can't believe it :lol:

OK the bull and bear is more than that, but not enough to worry us v UK pricing

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Tink beat me to what I was going to say. But then I remembered that when we were in the UK the Pound was a little over $2.00. Now I guess it is around $1.60 so when I look at it that way, yes I guess those are reasonable prices.

8. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

That actually makes things more expensive for us Brits John, as we get fewer $$`s for our GBP.
    I remember the days when the exchange rate was over $2 to the pound, and boy were things cheap to us in those days!

9. Tink

So if you go to a Longhorn here, and spend, oh say $40-60 for dinner, drinks and dessert... life is good! :D

I'm not a huge chain fan, but Longhorn tends to be pretty consistent (at least the one in Winter Garden Village).

10. keith

I wasn't mega impressed with them tbh :/ The staff were friendly which I liked, and the decor was amusing :) but the steak seemed pretty dull to me. Much like when we go to a beefeater place over here, consistent but not great quality.

The price was excellent though agreed :lol: I'll give them another try

11. Wendy

We always have Flo's Filet at the Longhorn and I've never found it to be bland, maybe you went on a not so good day.

We've been to a couple of Longhorns and the one at Winter Garden Village is definitely the nicest and friendliest.

12. Tink

Oh don't misunderstand. It is very basic fare. It's meant to be "supper food" in my opinion, not "dining out" fare. It's a great place to stop when you just don't feel like cooking after a long day. There are servers, drinks, and hot food. :D It is the consistency that keeps us going back, that and the fact that it's our Special Place, eh Wendy? :D

We've had some blips there, and once so serious they comped our entire dinner, but that's the sort of place this particular one is; a local place that wants to keep you coming back. :yes:

And those reallllly good prices. :D

13. keith

yep makes total sense :yes: like the beefeater chain over here. I'd never go there for a special meal but too tired to cook and they fit the bill.

I don't know if I just went on an off day Wen, or maybe I chose the wrong thing off the menu :/

14. Tink

Yep, we pretty much stick with the Flo's Filet, the steak salad or for me, the rainbow trout (believe it or not!). I did try the hangar steak last time and errrrmmmm, nah. Not so much. :D

Then there is the chocolate dessert, huh Wendy? :D :D :D (G'wan wit'cha'. Try to finish that baby)! :eek:

15. Wendy

:D it sure is. I meant to ask is the Irish pub still there or did it close down? It was fun there as well :)

Possibly, it's got to be worth another try, if you don't fancy steak then their burger looked really nice as well, so much so that Chris is possibly going to try it this year :lol:

The chocolate dessert that Tink's referring to is Chocolate Stampede, if you like chocolate you will be in seventh heaven, but don't have one to yourself, it's definitely for sharing :lol:

16. Tink

Ah yes, Chocolate Stampede. I am terrible at names. :D

Oh yes! Hagan O'Reilly's is still there, going strong. It's the Guinness and Irish Music and not the food. I SO WISH they would get a decent chef!!! They'd be phenomenal if they did.

On the other hand, they are almost always packed so I guess they don't really care that their food is icky. :shrug: