1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Busch Gardens Welcomes it's new Caribbean Flamingo Chick

Discussion in 'Busch Gardens News & Rumours' started by Wendy, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Meet Busch Gardens’ newest resident, a Caribbean flamingo chick. The fluffy young chick was born just a few weeks ago and is currently getting care from the animal care team and in guests view at Jambo Junction.

baby-flamingo.jpg

The flamingo will maintain its white and grey down feathers for a few years before they develop their signature pink coloring. It’s diet consists of variety of things included the liquid mixture of shrimp and other nutrients pictured to the right.

Caribbean flamingos can be found in South America, the Caribbean, the Galapagos and the Yucatan Peninsula. Flamingos have resided at Busch Gardens Tampa for quite some time and this new addition will join the flock when grown.

Guests can now see this fluffy young chick at Jambo Junction in the Nairobi area of the park.
  2. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

:tongue: When I first read the title....I thought our friend Breeze moved there!:point:
  3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

and i was going to say noooooo Dorothy will see this then steal the baby! :tongue: