1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

busch worth going to?

Discussion in 'Busch Gardens' started by disney1sttimer, Sep 6, 2008.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

its going to be hard to get to for us so is it worth going to? we all love animals so if its really the best place around then we'll make the effort

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We love BG....especially DH. It is a more relaxed park than WDW parks. You have the coasters and the animals. To be honest, we're not much into the rides. Our best times are watching the parades,shows and....animals.

BG do offer tours too where you can go on an open truck to feed giraffes and other behind the scenes tours. Jungala has just opened recently too with the new section for the tigers and ornagutans.
    I love to sit and watch the lions.
    Check out my video link below for BG too....it will give you an idea of what animals you'll see there.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I dont do thrill rides although last time we were at BG I saw adverts for some kind of haunted house or something that I wanted to go back and see :/

The best bit for me was the tour where we could feed the giraffes. Got the feeling they were less worried about everything than disney are and so we got a lot closer

There was also some kind of ride on a truck with huge wheels that was fun

I remember some kind of ice show that was pretty good but I think thats been shut now

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'll be the lone dissenter in this response. :sorry: I've only been to BG once, and that was years ago, so keep that in mind. The experience was so unpleasant (solely because of the conditions the animals were kept in, the pathological behaviors we saw in some of the animals and the treatement some were receiving at the hands of the BG workers) that we left early and have never been back. :(

5. mutley1

mutley1 Earning my ears

We went to BG for the first time this year, we really enjoyed it although we didn't get around half of it. If you like big thrill rides this is the place to go, if not there is still plently to do. We had a car not sure if I would go on the bus but thats because I don't want to be restricted to pick up times.

6. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

We spent two days at Busch Gardens this year and had two complete different days, thrill rides and animals and we never saw any shows at all so yes, go for it!

7. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

how do the rides compare to islands of adventure Jodie?

8. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Busch is coaster capital of Florida imho!

Kumba and Montu are so smooth, ShieKra is so scary and Gwazi so traditional, brilliant, all of them are brilliant!

9. cathydisneynut

cathydisneynut Imagineer

We're just back from Orlando, and had a two day visit to BG. They were two of the best days of the holiday! I don't do the coasters either, but the family had a great time on all the rides, and I went on the safari train (several times) and also the chairlift over the park. A great way to see everything.

The only discordant note really was where the elephants are housed during the day. I felt it was nowhere near large enough for them, and it had very little shade in the hot sun. I hope they let them into the main animal park after closing hours.

For the rides alone, the kids could have done a 3rd day, except we were at the end of the holiday!

10. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Cathy, we did the animal adventure tour at BG and I actually asked about the elephants as the enclosure does seem rather small for them. We were actually shown that they weren't enclosed into that small area that the public sees....if you look to your far left of the enclosure, you will see an opening where they can go in and out of their own free will with another area beyond. The elephants that you are seeing are the ones that choose to be there. We actually watched as another elephant came walking out.

11. cathydisneynut

cathydisneynut Imagineer

Thank heavens! From the air especially it does look as if that was all the space they had.

12. slemke

slemke Earning my ears

We are going to be in Orlando the second week in Dec. and my family loved Universal in Hollywood. Now I have to decide either Universal in Orlando or Busch Gardens. My kids are both girls 12 and 16. Any suggestions?