But it's really me!!!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Trip Reports and Itineraries' started by Tinkfan, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Tinkfan

Tinkfan New Member

nurse/teacher
    :wave: This is my first trip report so please bear with me!!!!

Saturday September 26th - We had a busy night on Friday, we went with Ty to X-Country practice, soccer and finally to football and never got home until about 8:30 at night. I had spent the day finishing last minute things for the trip and taking our dog Sabre to the kennel. When we fly to Disney, I usually take one of my Disney totes to use as a purse on the plane and pack a Vera back pack purse for Disney, that afternoon I put my credit card and birth certificate in the tote and headed out... that's where things began to go wrong but I didn't realize it yet!!!

Saturday morning we were up bright and early at 3:30 a.m. so that we could be at the airport by 4:45 for a 6:30 flight. I never sleep the night before we travel, I get too nervous! :sorry: Our son picked us up at our house at 4:00 a.m. and we were all ready, bags were in the hallway, we loaded uo and off we went! We got to the airport by 5:10 and I had done the pre flight check in and had pre-paid our luggage and had our boarding passes, Good shape right? :thumbsdown: Not so much, we sailed to the front of security check line and the agent checks Ben, then Ty, and asks me for my drivers license :jawdrop: OMG, I left it in my purse back home because I was driving Ty all over HXXX's half acres last night. I had no photo ID with me except for 1 grainy BJ'S card that I had forgotten to take out.

They pulled us out of line and everything began to go fuzzy, in the background I could hear Tyler asking Ben if we weren't going to Florida. Most of you know that I'm a type 1 diabetic but I have heart problems and a very wierd Central Nervous System disorder that reacts badly to stress, fear and exhaustion by shutting down. I pass out and am sick and have a hard time focusing. Well I must have gone grey and I hear Ty saying Mom, Mom are you ok? Well the poor agent didn't know what to do and looked at the huge package of Disneyish papers and reservations in my red folder, looked at my birth certificate and let us on the plane!!! Phew.. But by that time the damage was started already.

I was sitting in the plane and I realized I had never asked Tink what hospital we should go to if we needed to,, Wierd what yor mind thinks of!!I was able to doze on and off on the flight but we had a 4 hour lay over in Atlanta. What a huge airport.Luckily things calmed down for awhile and we landed in Orlando with no further trouble. ME was wonderful, the line must have been 2 miles long but very efficient, we wound our way around and was on a bus in 15 minutes and on our way after that in about 5!!!:yes:

more later , must pick up Tyler!

2. dumbo77

dumbo77 New Member

managing director
    oh no i hope you managed to get right before the next instalment:unsure: xx

3. Britchick

Britchick Active Member

that was a rocky start, can't wait to hear more

4. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 New Member

OMG! I hope you are ok! Were you worried that you wouldn't be able to come home with no id? Why in the world did you have you birth certificate? Am I supposed to carry that when I travel?

Please come back to tell us you were ok!

5. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Oh geez!!!!

Celebration Hospital, by the way. Or Sand Lake (Dr. Phillips) Hospital...

6. Disneybumble

Disneybumble New Member

Oh Tinkfan that was not a great start, l bet it gets better. And thank you for doing a trip report we love them.

Great information as well Tink.

7. Shellyamc

Shellyamc New Member

Mommy and loving it!
    Ack!!! You can't leave us like this :nono:

Hurry up with some magic ;) :lol:

8. Tink

Celebration is off 192 just west of Old Town.

Sand Lake/Dr. Phillips Hospital is just along Palm Parkway, where it turns into Turkey Lake Road, prior to the intersection with Sand Lake Road. Of the two, I'd say Sand Lake would be the closer to DTD than Celebration.

Both are well recommended hospitals with Celebration being part of the Florida Hospital system (7th Day Adventists). Dr. Phillips Hospital was formerly named Orlando Regional at Sand Lake, a different hospital system.

I have experience with both hospital systems and neither is better, or worse than the other. It's more of a matter of personal preference. The 7th Day Adventist organization is heavily religious and it used to be that you could not get meat in their cafeteria (or any animal product) as the consumption is against the religion. I think (but am not sure) they've changed that, but don't count on it. From my experience, you'd not want to eat the food from their cafeteria anyway. :sorry:

Well! All that to say, there are two major hospitals within a few miles of WDW. :yes:

9. Tinkfan

Tinkfan New Member

nurse/teacher
    I'm still having trouble with the dizzieness, it's hard to be on the computor for any length of time but getting better! I usually take my birth certificate when we fly, it's been suggested by our son who works in Homeland Security to have in case the national code changes.

10. Tinkfan

Tinkfan New Member

nurse/teacher

Thanks Tink that's good to know, better to know where to go I guess!! ( that didn't come out quite right!)

11. Tinkfan

Tinkfan New Member

nurse/teacher
    We were at the resort in record time and were the first drop off, I had used on-line check in and was finished in a matter of minutes. We had the location we had requested in Building 5 facing the lake. I usually request facing the lake because it's much quieter at night than facing the pool!!

Everyone except me was starving and we dropped off our travel bag and headed for the food court. Ben and I shared the parmigan crusted chicken with salad and Ty had of course chicken alfredo. I swear that boy is going to turn into a noodle:yes: Ben took Ty for a quick dip and I went back to the room to rest for an hour. At this point I thought everything would be o.k.

Around 6:00 we headed for the M.K. because it was open until 11:00 I believe. We had dinner ressies at The Plaza for the first time, we decided to pay out of pocket for this and use the extra credit for breakfast at The Crystal Palace the next day. For those of you who have never tried The Plaza, don't be afraid to. It has just a sandwich menu but everything is so fresh. Of course the ice-cream is great too. Ben and I had the tuna and Ty's burger was so big he barely ate 1/4 of it. The prices are low and it's a quaint little shop.

We really took our time that night, went on a few rides but really enjoyed all the beautiful fall decorations there. I love Main Street at night when it's all lit up. In fact we all seem to be in the parks at night rather than the day. Odd isn't it? :yes: By that time we were all shattered and decided to head for "home" We had a big day on Sunday with breakfast at the Crystal Palace at 10:00 and dinner at The Wave at 7:50.

12. Tinkfan

Tinkfan New Member

nurse/teacher
    Sunday September 27th,

We all had a restless night, maybe over tired! WE got up at about 8:00 and got dressed to make our way to the Crystal Palace for breakfast. This was the first time to do breakfast there. We had ressies for 10:15 and the crowd was huge when we got there. We waited for about 1/2 hour or so before we were called to our table. It was very hot that day and I still wasn't up to par. The air felt wonderful when we got in and everything was very fresh, especially the fruit. Ben and I had the create your own omelet, fresh fruit and a croissant. I tried a piece of Pooh's french toast and the name was abt :sorry:!!! Ty wondered around looking for mac and cheese, hoping against hope it would come out soon( to no avail I might add) He settled for fruit, potatoe casserole and a chocolate croissant!! All and all a very enjoyable breakfast!

We had planned on going to a waterpark that day but he skies looked threatning and we ended up spending most of the afternoon there. We went back to Pop to change for our dinner at the Wave. We were all impressed with The Waves interior, quite adult and calming. We had quite a wait here too, unfortunately I began to feel quite sick here. We were seated after a 40 minute wait. Ty had the chicken pot pie, Ben had salmon and I had the New York strip I believe. All was well prepared and the desserts were very good. We each ordered something different ( they come in groups of 3 small bite sized pieces) I was having real difficulty by then and we set off back to the resort instead of EMH. This night was the worst and we almost headed for the hospital but things started to get a little better and was able to cope for the rest of the trip until we got to Atlanta again. Monday- Epcot ( my favorite park)

13. mumof2

mumof2 Active Member

OH NO!! You poor thing :hug2:

I'm enjoying your report, but not the poorly bits :hug2:

14. Tinkfan

Tinkfan New Member

nurse/teacher
    Monday -Epcot Another very warm day here in Florida. I was really tired this morning si I decided to send Ben and Ty to Typhoon Lagoon while I did a load of laundry. They had a blast as usual there. When they came back they said they had been in the wave pool for most of the time!:mental: I had done the laundry and spent the morning relaxing by the pool listening to the dulcet sounds of children at play :ROFL: We got ready to head to Epcot and dinner ressies at the Coral Reef. While we were waiting to get through the gates, we noticed a family standing in line, the dad was wearing a brim hat and tube socks ( the really long ones!!) We kind of chuckled because the kids ( about 10 and 12) kept darting in and out of the line driving Mom and Dad insane!!! We didn't tthink anymore about it and off we went! We hit Spaceship Earth first, which is always our first ride and headed off to Ellen's Energy ride. (always a good pick to cool down!) We stopped at Club Cool and there was the family again!! THis would be a freaky occurence that happened everywhere we we We saw these people everywhere we went. Every single Park 5 out of 7 places that we ate, it was incredible! And everywhere we went the kids were running like lunatics and Mom and dad were saying Kids....Kids.... (remember in Ferris Bueller?) It cracked us right up and then we began to wonder if they had implanted a tracking device!! I mean really, what are the chances?

We headed for dinner and the line was backed up to eternity and back at the Reef. Party after of party of walk ups were turned away. We waited about 40 minutes for our ressies and made it in. I must say this is the longest we've ever waited here. This is Ben's favorite place, he loves the aquarium!! Ben and I had fish and I can't remember what Ty had!! creme brulee all around for dessert, yummmy!!! They had a very heavy hand with the salt this trip, so any of you on a restricted diet beware! We wondered around the World ,stopping here and there and caught bits and pieces of illuminations and ended up next to that family again!! We decided to call it quits and head for home.

15. Tink

I am so sorry you are having health issues during your visit. That is so frustrating, isn't it?

You surely ran into some long waits for having ADRs! :eek: Not a good thing, in my opinion. By the time I'm ready to eat, it's time to EAT, not wait! LOL.

Looking forward to reading more about your holiday and hoping you start to feel better... :yes: :hug2:

16. Tinkfan

Tinkfan New Member

nurse/teacher

Thanks Tink, it really is frustrating. You plan so long for a trip and really want to go everywhere and do everything!! I improved to the point where I was able to do things but be sick enough not to love doing them! Ben say's I'm to type A to relax anyway :yes: ( surely he jests!)

17. foreverducky

foreverducky New Member

Oh, it really stinks when anyone is sick on vacation. I'm sorry you were not feeling well. I'm glad that you were able to march on and keeping going. :yes:

18. Tinkfan

Tinkfan New Member

nurse/teacher
    :mickeyboo: Today was MNSSHP. We were so excited!!! We got up and went into The Pirates Leaque in order to transform Tyler into a Pirate!!! What alot of fun! We chose the smaller package because Ty didn't want to wear the whole costume. The girl did a tremendous job on the make up, the beard , scar and black eye looked real. Especially the black eye!! So many people thought it was a real black eye !!

Of course who do we see in the park but our favorite family!!! It was hot, hot hot out today. I thought the makeup was going to melt off Ty's face:unsure:. We decided to take a break and went over to the Contemporary for lunch at their new counter service place. We thought the sandwiches were great and the cupcakes for dessert are huge!! Everything was fresh and very tasty.

We went back into the park and did any attraction that kept you inside the air for at least 20 minutes!!! At least we saved the pirate!! Dinner was at Kona cafe, this was a first for us, Ty had the Asian noodles with chicken, this turned out to be his favorite meal of the trip ( of course, it had noodles!!) Ben had a shrimp and scallop combo and I had the Tuna Oscar. We each got a different dessert and shared, I was surprised that Ty didn't get the Kona cone. He ended up with the chocolate lava cake!

By that time it was time to head in for the party. What fun!!! if you ever get the chance to go, please do it. He had a huge bag of candy and 3 electric toothbrushes!! Too funny. The parade was the best I 've ever seen. I really want a copy of Boo to You! They had dance parties everywhere and the kids were having such a great time. easy to get on the rides but it was really crowded too. The costumes were fantastic to see, so creative!! Would love to go back. Completely exhausted we headed out of the park to again see our favorite family!!!:yes:

19. Tinkfan

Tinkfan New Member

nurse/teacher
    :wave: Anyone out there? Wednesday was Typhoon Lagoon and Hollywood Studios Day. My guys really love their waterparks!! Probably because our weather is so cool at home we really only have 2 months to swim out of the year and this summer was a total bust :thumbsdown: We spent the morning at the Lagoon again soaking up the sun!! I think this was the day that the heat and humidity dropped, it was simply spectacular out!! :yes:We had spoken to my Mom and it had been dreadful all week at home!! I thought of you Rosie!!! We ate lunch at the park and headed back to get showered and dressed to go to Studio's. What is it about laying in thr sun that makes you so sleepy?

I don't know why we were so late getting to HS but we were, we did a few attractions and before we knew it we were headed over to 50's Primetime for our ressies. Of course who is there but our family!!! Couldn't believe it. You people don't know me well but one of my BIGGEST pet peeves are people not making sure their kids are presentable. Boys as well as girls, it drives me crazy. It only takes 2 minutes to wash their faces, brush their hair ect. I'm not talking about wearing a gown and tux for Pete's sake, just to quote Mickey " is everybody neat and pretty? then on with the show!" Truly she had lovely hair and it was never brushed all week Arrgh! ( Yes, my kids laugh at me, but they know....):slap: Ben and Ty's dinner was very good ( potroast and fried chicken) mine was not so hot, I had the steak, very, very dry. But our waiter made up for it, he was awesome!! He had Tyler going let me tell you!! Verry Funny. Their milkshakes are great here BTW, I of course sampled Tyler's :yes: I have to admit of all the Parks this is my least favorite, I don't dislike it but I am not upset if we don't get to go another time during our stay, they didn't have the firework show that night so we closed ot the parks and were on our way home, you guessed it with our new found friends!!!

I forgot to say in yesterday's post that I had ridden Splash Mountain and Test Track for the first time!!! I was so proud of myself!!!:yes:

20. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 New Member

Great updates. I can't believe you stayed out for such long days especially considering the heat and how badly you were feeling.

Why didn't you and your DH dress up for MNSSHP? :lol:

Tell me about the toothbrushes at the party? That seems so random!