1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

buy a netbook, laptop or ipad?

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Cinderella94, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Cinderella94

Cinderella94 Earning my ears

Im mainly thinking about disney trips here not generally using it for day to day work. What do you think would be better, a netbook, laptop or ipad?

I think the keyboards on the netbooks are very small and they seem quite slow

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

DH and I both bought netbooks to travel with for our last visit to Florida.
    What I found to be a pain was the size of the screen and having to scroll back and forth to read info etc. The size of the keyboard was fine for me.

3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I'd vote for an iPad (naturally). For all the Apple type interface reasons. Also, it's light enough to haul around and has excellent battery capacity. Sure, the onscreen keyboard isn't as easy to use as a full size one, but for things like posts here on Secrets, it's adequate and perfectly usable. But you're probably not going to write "War and Peace" on it. :lol:

Oh... almost forgot, if you're taking digital pictures (who doesn't), the iPad camera connection kit is brilliant!

Tom :)macwave:... Apple fan. Big surprise.)