1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Buying things over there to use over here!

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by luvthemansion, Mar 16, 2009.

1. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

Hi just wondering about laptops and electrical items which may still be cheaper over in the states. Would they work over here with a simple adapter or is anything else needed?
  2. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

AFAIK, you should be fine using only a normal electrical adaptor. However, you might want to look into the warranty issues before you go- most of the better companies offer an international warranty.
  3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

If they are gadgets which have adaptors you will be fine , it they need to be plugged into the wall you can purchase an adaptor from somewhere like maplins :D
  4. Mark_W

Mark_W Earning my ears

Some items, laptops for example, usually come with a power lead with a variable voltage transformer. You just need an adaptor to change the USA plug to a UK one.
  5. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

BE CAREFUL!!

i bought a battery charger for the digital camera we bought over there......

plugged it in to recharge the batteries for the first time at home and BANG, i forgot about the voltage switch.....oops! we were never able to use *that* again!