1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Cabin types?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by dvcjane, Aug 3, 2008.

1. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

Hi, can someone whos actually been on a cruise explain the cabin types to me? theres a big difference in price and we're struggling to afford it anyway but we dont want to be stuck somewhere we wont enjoy

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Personally I wouldn`t worry too much about the type of stateroom [cabin] you go for, after all you will only be using it as a bedroom so just go for the one you can afford.
    My DW and I have only used Cat 6 rooms though which have a verandah and this is our preferred choice.
    Having said that, many of our dining partners have had inside staterooms and have not had any complaints.

As I said earlier, there is so much going on on-board the ship that you`ll rarely be in your stateroom anyhow.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Argh you're going to tempt me into one of these you know mr slowhand sir :D

What events happen on board that make sure you're not bored? It's not a load of people sitting around on deck reading is it :gy:

4. Slowhand

I`m not giving up on getting you on-board yet Keith. :p015:

When you think about it a typical day goes like this:~
    1. You wake up and go to the restaurant [or buffet] for breakfast.
    2. If it`s a "Port of Call" day then the chances are that you`ll then be getting ready for any shore excursion. If it`s a "Day at Sea" then there are always several activities going on on-board to keep you occupied including several "behind the scenes" experiences as well as talks by senior members of WDW which are really entertaining. There`s also a cinema and [just for you Keith] an internet station area! :lol:
    To be honest though it really is a relaxing experience just mooching around the ship or simply watching the World [or at least the ocean!] pass by.
    3. You return to your stateroom after your shore excursion [or whatever you have been up to on-board], and get ready for dinner.
    4. You leave your stateroom for dinner, or to take in a show in one of the theatres before or after dinner.
    5. After dinner, again there are loads to do with several clubs/bars etc. located at the front of the ship. Even walking around the ship at night is what we enjoy and some folks even settle down to watch a movie on a huge screen outdoors.
    6. You then return to your stateroom totally worn out to get ready for the next day.

As you can see, we seldom spend much time actually in the stateroom at all.

5. keith

Id LOVE to try it one day I really would.. though, as I say every time, it'd have to be when I was guaranteed of being on the same table as Sue and your goodself :lol: You were seemingly able to put up with me for an evening, so that's a good sign :lol:

Internet worries me. I just can't be out of internet range even for a few hours so if I can't get on from the stateroom that's a major downside although if the business intenter suite was available 24*7....

6. Slowhand

That`s sorted then You and Helen will have to join us in 2009 [May to be exact!]. :lol:

Having never owned a laptop, I don`t know about internet access from your stateroom...that`s another item for me to check out...but I`m pretty sure that you will be able to log on 24/7 from the ship. It`s not actually a business centre, but it`s an area just to the side of a bar area where they have around 10/12 pc`s for anyone to use [for a fee].

7. keith

TERRY!!!!!!!!! how DO you live :eek:

I still need to fix your pc ;)

8. Slowhand

Actually Dorothy has sorted it for me Keith. She told me that a colour monitor was not necessary as most folks will soon switch over to black & white like me. She also said not to worry about the thick black smoke coming from my pc, after it has burst into flames for the third time then if I press the delete button, all will be ok.
    She has also upgraded my hard drive to a whopping 2 mb.....ain`t she good to me? :lol: