1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

California Adventure: Our First Look

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Johnie, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

So we headed over to CA Adventure. It is so different from Disneyland! It is larger and the streets are wider and you can just tell it was built much more recently. We headed back to Tower of Terror and got a fast pass. We then went to see the Aladdin show. WOW is all I can say about Aladdin. It was AWESOME! It really should be a Broadway show (esp. instead of a Little Mermaid from what I hear). We were about 4 rows back from the front and just had excellent seats. Your not allowed to take photos so we have none from this amazing show.

We headed over to ToT. It is smaller in size and the attention to detail is lacking. The one if FL is so much better. Another thing I have noticed about many of the rides at both places is that they really aren't handicapped accesible. We had to walk up stairs and then down stairs in many rides. They might have elevators in some rides but I didn't see it.

We ate dinner at The Taste Pilot's Grill. I had the bleu cheese burger and the girls both had a kids meal and an order of onion rings.

The Flight Stuff

X-3 Rocket Ribs - Three large barbecued pork ribs and a stack of our Flyby Criss-Cut Fries, served with a side of marinated slaw $9.99

X-5 Rocket Ribs - Five large barbecued pork ribs and a stack of our Flyby Criss-Cut Fries, served with a side of marinated slaw $12.49

Aviator's Chicken Sandwich - Fried chicken breast with chipotle mayonnaise, served with a tangy vegetable salad or our Flyby Criss-Cut Fries $8.59

B-2 BBQ Chicken Sandwich - Grilled chicken basted with tangy BBQ sauce, served with a tangy vegetable salad or our Flyby Criss-Cut Fries $8.59

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zero-G Greens

Supersonic Salad - Chicken breast nuggets served atop crisp lettuce with cucumber, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, black olives and crunchy cucumber flavored noodles $8.49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mach-3 Gourmet Burgers
    1/3 pound burgers, with a tangy vegetable salad or Flyby Criss-Cut Fries

Alpha-Bravo-Chili Burger - With steak chili and Cheddar cheese $8.59

Wild Bleu Yonder Burger - Basted with our tangy steak sauce and topped with bleu cheese crumbles $8.49

Chase Pilots Cheddar Burger - The classic burger with a slice of Cheddar cheese - $7.59

The Side Stuff

Full Throttle Fries - Criss-Cut Fries prepared with TLC and everything we've got - Cheddar cheese, chili, diced onions, chopped tomatoes and sour cream $5.49

Aer-O-Space Onion Rings - Push the envelope of taste and try these O-Rings with BBQ squce from our toppings bar $3.29

Flyby Fries - Jet engine hot, you can fire up these criss-cut fries with barbecue sauce, hot sauce, salsa, or jalapenos from our toppings bar $2.99

Child's Menu
    Kid's meals served with baby carrots, a fun straw and
    choice of Low-fat milk, juice or small bottled water

Chicken Breast Nuggets - $5.99

Aero Sliders (Mini Burgers) - $5.99

Toddler Meal

Yummy Cheesy Macaroni - with smooth apple sauce and small Low-fat milk. $2.99
    juice or small bottled water available upon request

Beer Station

Budweiser or Bud Light $5.29
    Karl Strauss Handcrafted Beer $6.49

Liquid Fuel

Coke, diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, Light Lemonade, Iced Tea $2.69
    Souvenir Sipper with choice of beverage $7.99
    Hot Cocoa $2.69
    Hot Tea $2.69
    Nescafe Coffee, Regular or Decaf $2.69
    Apple or Orange Juice $1.59
    Milk $1.59

Sound Barrier Shakes

Chocolate or Vanilla Shake topped with whipped cream $3.99

Additional Flight Deck Desserts Also Available

California Screamin is a roller coaster. It looks like a wooden roller coaster (which are my absolute favorite) but it is not. It's a steel coaster and does go upside down once. It is an AWESOME coaster. I wish WDW had this one.

We hung out here for a bit and then headed back over to DL so we could use our FP for Indiana Jones (which Alysia kept calling Tomb Raider :lol:) This was a fun ride too. It reminds me of Dinosaur.

We had planned to stay till midnight when DL closed but our internal clocks are 3 hours ahead. We ended up leaving around 9 or so.

Attached Files:

2. Johnie

By the TOT

Attached Files:

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

....and what a great first look it was Johnie :yes: I like the shows and parades better than the rides so Aladdin sounds good to me.
    Is Indiana Jones a ride there?

4. Johnie

Indiana Jones is actually a ride over at DL. It's in Adventureland.

5. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

Love love love Taste Pilots Grill....for a hamburger place that is. :lol:
    California Screaming is the most AWESOME coaster ride...right up there with Rock N Roller Coaster IMO.
    And Indiana Jones is so much cooler at DL. Don't touch that statue!!! EKKKK

6. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Another Great Report and ALysia you are just beautiful . Cali Screamin sounds fun . I'd probably like the fact that TOT is smaller . Indie sounds good . Did you see my favorite parade the Main Street Electrical .

7. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I really would love to get to see these parks at some point. I want more pictures :yes:

8. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Sounds great! My inlaws couldn't get oer how fantastic the Aladdin show was :yes: