1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

california grill for wedding meal?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by jojo, Mar 14, 2011.

1. jojo

jojo Imagineer

:tongue: Im asking this one on behalf of an office friend, honest

She's really worried about the after wedding meal for their party since they've been unable to get v&a for several reasons and have been suggested california grill.

Anyone have any comments on whether the california grill would be any good or should she look elsewhere
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

The Californian Grill seems to have mixed reviews, some folks love it and others have had cause for complaint about the service etc.etc.
    Other WDW venues that your friend may consider are Citricos` [right next door to V & A`s], the Blue Zoo, the Bistro de Paris or the Yachtsmans Steakhouse, all of which seem to get a favourable response from many who dine there [me included!].
  3. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Imagineer

I had my wedding meal at the California Grill. We only had a small intimate wedding (there was 6 of us) and I wanted to extend the day a little, so we decided on CG. Mainly as I wanted my mum and dad to see the fireworks. Our wedding was 6 years ago so it may have changed a little since then, but I was allowed to wear my dress etc and we had a table slightly away from the main area so it felt like we had our own small little private reception.

Food was good too :)
  4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I hope I'm allowed to say that I was priviliged to be there and had the BEST time, it truly was really really great. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it for the evening meal on the special day. Of course we had great company as well ;-) which always helps.
  5. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Imagineer

Of course you are :hug2:
  6. mkjon

mkjon Earning my ears

do you have any photos of the day not just the meal :lol:
  7. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

we had our wedding meal at narcoosseeees (i still cant spell it lol) we had a window seat and watched the seven seas lagoon light display had cake and everything just felt a little overdressed in wedding gear :)
  8. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Imagineer

I wore my wedding dress on the monorail :yes: I needed to go get changed, so my mum and me left the California Grill and rode the monorail round to the Grand Floridian where we were staying the night. Never had so many people stare at me, don't think they could quite believe that I was riding the monorail in my wedding dress :tongue:
  9. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

We had ours at V&A and were still in our wedding outfits. As we stepped out of the lifts a little girl saw DW in her dress and said ooo look mommy a princess getting married will she live in the castle now? which we thought was just mega cute.

That's one of the truly special things about getting married at DisneyWorld, it's all just so right. Everyone we passed said congratulations, we had photos taken as we walked past. Just really brilliant.

I think if we'd had more people in the wedding party than just the two of us :lol: we'd have gone elsewhere though. V&A was great for two people but I think I'd have felt a bit self conscious trying to talk to a more than a few people. The california grill was great for that!
  10. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I think CG would be spectacular but I'm not sure they have like a private room where your wedding party could be. I believe that Citrico's does have one however. I don't think you would go wrong with either choice.