1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

California Grill Introduces New Beverage Program at Disney’s Contemporary Resort

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The California Grill's Chef, Brian Piasecki and general manager, Michael Scheifler recently went in search of the best of the best wine in the Napa Valley and Sonoma Vineyards for the California Grill when it re-opens.

“We visited 15 wineries in five days,” says Scheifler. “It was a whirlwind, but we came home with some great new discoveries.” Like Tres Sabores, a small, organic vineyard in Napa where they discovered a delicious zinfandel. And Heitz Cellars, where they are bottling magnums of chardonnay just for California Grill – it’s resting in the bottles now and won’t be ready until fall, says Scheifler.

“We’ll offer club service, where we will bring the magnum to the table to pour by the glass, a really fun presentation” he says.

The new display case is a showstopper as guests exit the elevator to the 15th floor, with 1,600 bottles on display in an onstage, climate-controlled, state-of-the-art cabinet. In all there will be about 250 wines on the list, and out of those, 72 percent will be from California. Another 22 percent is Old World wines and 5 percent New World wines.

“We’ll have something for every palate,” says Scheifler, “from a first-growth Bordeaux to a boutique wine from Oregon or South Africa.”

There will be 80 wines by the glass, up from 50 on the previous wine menu. And sommeliers will be there to help you select a pairing, with more than 20 on staff.

Scheifler is just as excited about the expanded sake program to pair with the expanded sushi menu, with 10 varieties on the list, from a light, sparkling sake to “cask strength.” And craft beer is back, with eight brews on the new menu, mostly from California.

“We can’t wait to debut the new beverage lineup,” says Scheifler. “Drinks span from classic cocktails to wines you won’t find anywhere else, the beverages are a great complement to Chef Brian’s new menu.”

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Oh my, this may well be worth a look after all...

3. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Worth al look at

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

That's more like it! looking forward to that

5. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

So, am I correct in assuming that until they confirm a re-opening date, I'll not be allowed to book an ADR online?

6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Some people aresaying that they have been able to make ADRs from mid November, but I have looked and i haven't seen anything.

I was hoping that they might have opened in September as the original timeline was was the Fall 2013. Who knows though :lol:

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Still not showing online when I look and my TA can't make an ADR for December either.