1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Calling All Walt Disney World Vacation ‘Know-It-Alls’

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Sep 4, 2008.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

Calling All Walt Disney World Vacation ‘Know-It-Alls’: The Mouse Searching for 16 Parents for 2009 Moms Panel

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (Sept. 1, 2008) – Disney Parks today announced its search for a group of park-savvy parents to be named the 2009 Walt Disney World Moms Panel, following in the footsteps of the first-ever online Walt Disney World Moms Panel which has been fielding and answering thousands of vacation questions in 2008.
    The quest is for 16 parents who pride themselves on being Walt Disney World “know-it-alls” and have an undying passion to share their Disney knowledge with others at www.disneyworldmoms.com. From Sept. 8 through Sept. 19, interested applicants can visit www.disneyworldmoms.com/2009 to apply for the panel. The application process begins with a series of questions and three brief essays – about their family, why they are a great Walt Disney World vacation planner and their favorite Disney vacationing tip.
    “The first-ever Disney Moms Panel has responded to more than 9,000 questions from vacation planners this year. They have offered our guests countless tips to plan a magical vacation at our resort,” said Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney World Resort. “We thank the 2008 panel for their contributions and look forward to working with a new group of parents.”
    Since the launch of www.disneyworldmoms.com in January 2008, the current 12-person panel has responded to questions covering just about anything from how to sign up for a character dining experience to what items are allowed in the parks. In exchange for serving up their Disney expertise online in 2009, the expanded, 16-person panel will each receive a 5-night, 6-day vacation at Walt Disney World Resort for four people.
    “One of the most rewarding aspects of being on the Walt Disney World Moms Panel has been the opportunity to use my travel experiences in ways that help other families plan the most magical vacations ever,” said Darcie Maranich, a panelist and mother of four from Vail, Ariz. “I encourage anyone who has valuable pointers for vacation planning to apply – for me, it is a dream come true being a part of the Moms Panel, and I look forward to the information the next round of panelists will share.”

About the Walt Disney World Moms Panel
    Launched in January 2008, the Walt Disney World Moms Panel is an online forum where guests can get insider tips and insights for vacationing at Walt Disney World Resort from real moms who have mastered the art of planning a Walt Disney World vacation. The 2008 Walt Disney World Moms Panel consists of 12 real parents selected to share their vast knowledge of the resort and personal secrets of success with other families who are considering a trip to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Guests can pose questions and have them answered by the panelists, as well as gain access to other valuable park insights and vacation planning tools – including a new online “How-To” video series featuring homemade videos from the panelists sharing their favorite Disney vacation tips. For more information, visit www.disneyworldmoms.com.
  2. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

JOHNIEEE!!! APPLY. NOW.
  3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

:lol: I thought I heard someone talking about me. I applied last year and they didn't want me. Maybe I'll go apply again. They did send me some nifty stuff as a consolation prize.
  4. Johnie

well shoot, I can't apply till Monday
  5. Johnie

ok I have applied....wish me luck!
  6. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Good luck Johnie :p015::hug2:
  7. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Good luck :D I submitted too...I didn't get a chance to do it last year, so thought I'd give it a go this time :D
  8. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Good luck to you both :hug1:

OK, who else is going to apply ................... Krista, get you application form in please :D
  9. Johnie

Good luck to you hon!
  10. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

:fingers: for both of you!

Do you actually have to be a mother (or parent--I think there was at least one Dad on last year's panel)?
  11. Johnie

I don't see anywhere that you actually have to be a parent

Participants must:
    Be 18 years of age or older.
    Have access to a computer and an Internet connection.
    Be familiar with Walt Disney World® Resort and have visited at least once in the last 12 months.
    Be fluent in the English language.
    Complete at least fifteen written responses per week.
    Provide your opinions and feedback.
    Submit an autobiography and personal photo to be posted online.
    Be available to travel to Walt Disney World® Resort from December 5-9, 2008.
    Be willing to participate for a minimum of 12 months.
    Not be current employees/Cast Members of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries, must not be immediate family members of a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries, and must not currently reside with a current employee/Cast Member of The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries. In addition, participants must not be employees, contractors, advisors or consultants for, must not hold more than a de minimis ownership interest in, and must not serve on the Board of Directors of, any entity (other than The Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries) which owns or operates any hotel, resort or theme park located in Orange, Osceola, Lake or Seminole Counties, Florida.
    Persons who are selected as panelists will receive a complimentary trip to Walt Disney World® Resort in preparation for this exciting program.
  12. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Thanks, Johnie!

I went back to their site and read the basic rules as soon as I posted.

I may give it a shot this weekend. Certainly not as experienced as many of our members, but a different viewpoint for visiting WDW! :)
  13. Johnie

Good luck Taja! I think your perspective should be a good one too!
  14. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

We should all submit apps!!! All twelve members could be "secret members" :D
  15. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Interesting, anyway! :lol:
  16. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I submitted my app . :fingers: