1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

cameras that take video too

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by janetm, Aug 12, 2008.

1. janetm

janetm Earning my ears

Instead of taking both a camera and a video why dont people just use the cameras that take video? are they just not good enough quality or something?

2. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

I don't have a separate video camera to compare the quality, but one thing I noticed is that video is a space hog! :lol: You'll go through memory much faster with video than with still photos.

That said, it could be a wonderful way to record special moments on your trip. The moments that just happen and would be over before you pulled out your video camera. Probably not the best option for massive video recording, though.

I'm sure our experts will be along soon with better answers! :)

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Agree with Taja!

It's a great facility for small clips but most digicams are not meant for recording hours of footage.

So at the moment, I still think having one of each is useful.

Actually its debateable which way it'll go since camcorders are also developing better and better still shot capabilities! Some people are saying the distinction will end in a few years when we have small units capable of recording for hours at great quality and you'll just watch the footage and click when you want a still shot out of it.

4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Would love to see that day come sooner than later....