1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Campfires at Walt Disney World Resort

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, May 30, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Campfires are a long time tradition at Walt Disney World under the night sky with the smells of burning wood.

The Campfire originally began at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground many years ago and became so popular that it spread to other Disney Resorts. Today, campfire activities are held nightly, weather permitting and can be enjoyed at many Resort hotels.

camp-fire-at-fort-wilderness.jpg
    Marshmallows and sticks are provided at all locations that host a campfire, except for Fort Wilderness, where you can bring your own or purchase a s’mores kit. It’s a great way to relax when the sun goes down after visiting the parks — a roarin’ good time in the great outdoors to gather ‘round and share stories and connect with your family and make new friends.

Marshmallows and sticks are provided at all locations that host a campfire, except for Fort Wilderness, where Guests can bring your own or purchase a s’mores kit. It’s a great way to relax when the sun goes down after visiting the parks — a roarin’ good time in the great outdoors.

Guests aren't left to their own devices though, there will always be two Cast Members at every campfire to ensure everybody’s well-being. When the campfire is dying down, Guests can take part in singing and dancing near the Meadows Trading Post at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. The complimentary Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Campfire Sing-A-Long is a spirited campfire entertainment experience.

Finally, Guests can snuggle up and watch a favorite Disney movie on a huge outdoor screen with Movies Under the Stars.

Have you ever been to the Campfire or watched a movie under the stars?
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

you know, I havent and I'd really really like to :/

They don't seem to be well advertised so I'm not exactly sure when/where they're held
  3. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

We have done this a few times when the kids were younger, they loved it. I remember watching Inspector Gadget on the big screen. It is something we would definitely do again.
    keith likes this.
  4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

This is one of those things that I'd really like to do when my parents are with us in September - I really think they'll love it! Now...to decide WHICH one to attend!