1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Can I get a date? Day 1

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by PsychoAlice, Sep 18, 2008.

1. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

The cast of characters from today:

Well you know me..the planner of this trip for 10 years. Thoroughly excited and cant wait to get there.

Amy: The best friend who has never been in WDW and DL only 4 times...the horror!!

Robin (AKA Wobin AKA Delswife)

Del (Robins husband...what a hoot!)

Bob (AKA Brother) Blushing!!!

Well after sleeping for about 3 hours Monday night I call Amy at 447am to make sure she is up and ready. ....First fight..."You said be ready between 515 and 530" In my world that means be ready to walk out the door at 500. But obviously in my world things aren't always what they seem. If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Confused yet? Good...

So we get to the airport, get out boarding passes (I'm starting to bounce) get upstairs and thru security...TSA didn't hear about me wanting to hijack a plane the previous week so I got thru just fine. Grab a muffin and a water...well Amy had water I had something caffeinated...yea that was a great idea..if I didn't think I could be more bouncy, I found out I could. If the airplane needed more energy it could have taken some from me.

The flight from Colorado to DFW was pretty much uneventful..went by really fast. Amy and I talked the whole way. She was getting excited too!

For those people who think that DFW is a confusing airport I have no idea what you are talking about. I found it quite easy to get around. Get off the plane, pop on their ghetto monorail, grabbed some Fudruckers, jumped on the plane to Orlando...OMG IM SO EXCITED WE ARE GONNA BE THERE IN 2 HOURS....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...slept for a good hour. Thank god!

I did text Bob to say that if DME takes too long he was gonna have to come get me...He replied with "how does Amy feel about riding on the handlebars" Oh yea...forgot about her for a minute...

[​IMG]

Got off the plane at MCO...erm...got lost...where in the hell am I going..got directions and off we went to DME..

We were the first ones dropped off. Went thru registration without any issues. Got our cards and room number (0416 in the 70's building) checked out the room, dropped off our carry on bags, called Bob to see where he was (on his way home from work) walked right back out of the room to go to MGM...err Hollywood Studios...I had a hard time with this the whole time I was there. As we were walking to the diesel donkey I looked up...what did my roving eyes see...right out our door at the top of the building "PUNK ROCK" how perfect is that?

We get to MGM...err DHS..and the crew is on their way...erm ok well there are some shops here so lets go in them and steal some AC .. we went thru Sid Cahuenga's One-of-a-Kind shop..ohh look a Great Dane statue..I miss my puppies! Over to Mickey's of Hollywood when I got the text "coming thru the turn styles now" OMG OMG OMG...and then as I see all of them I cant cross the freaking street...stupid High School Musical! Well at least that doesn't take too long. Then I got the bestest hug I have ever received...I think the world stopped turning at that moment, I know it. Here I was standing in front of the worlds sweetest person. I really could not stop smiling. Next was Robin...I'm beginning to think that this whole family is ABSOLUTELY wonderful. I love them. I wanted to put them in my pocket with me and take them home. Del is a RIOT and although a little bitter at the moment he still is very thoughtful...Ill get to that later...

OK so on to fun...for the next 3 hours was kind of a blur..

We watched Mulch Sweat & Shears..I could have gotten a date with the Manager but I passed. I think I led him on by giving him a huge hug. I like em tall and he was my height LMAO....pressing on...

[​IMG]

Muppet's 3-D for Amy. She loves the Muppet's...Amy went into the Stage 1 Company Store for Muppet paraphernalia...As we all were sitting outside Del pipes in "Is she gonna be in there awhile?" Me "Um yea she might buy the whole store out!" Del "Well I should go in there with her and get hr a discount" See I told ya..Del is very thoughtful and sweet...And yes people there is still some merchandise in the store in case you need something Muppet's.

On to Star Tours...I keep missing the flight to Tatoonie but Endor will have to do. Our crazy driver got us thru the comets, and a battle and we arrived mostly safe from our tour.

Rock n Rollercoaster...single riders line! What a blast!!

Tower of Terror...MUCH better than Disneyland's!

Smoke break...and we are all starving. We load into Del's truck (hey did you all know that it is NOT illegal to ride in the back of the truck? Bob and Del rode in the back and the commandeering of the safety cone commenced. We were all wondering what to do with it and I told Del to bend over and spread em...yea ewww but it was funny. As most of you know that Del works for Disney and some other cast member thought that the bed of his truck was a trash can and they had quite a few wire hangers (NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!! I personally thought that Del was hanging his $300 dresses on them.) Just so you all know...If you are ever driving from MGM...errr DHS...to Downtown Disney and you see wire hangers from the trees none of us know nothing about it!

We made it hangerless and with a safety cone (hey it was all by itself..how safe is that?) as our companion.

Off to Earl of Sandwich. I don't remember what everyone else had (wait Robin had soup...its a million degrees out...have you lost your mind?) but I had The Caprese and Del was UPSET...a sandwich with no meat..dude its about the bread not about the meat. He somehow came to the conclusion that I needed to be punished and ate half of Robin's sandwich. How that made any sort of sense in beyond me but it must have worked out alright in his head and that's what matters!

Went over to the benches and had a smoke or 2. Tried to talk Bob into helping me steal a bench...I actually just wanted the ends cause of the mickey heads..Amy was trying to figure out how to do it with them bolted to the concrete...Ever heard of a chain and 4 wheel drive?

Yea I'm benchless at home...drat!

We said our goodbyes (another bestest hug) and the crew went home (still hangerless) and we roamed a bit downtown...then it hit...OMG I'm gonna fall down asleep.

Called my kids, got on the diesel donkey back to the hotel, had a bath...and I fell in love with the bed...

I love this bed
    .............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  2. Jazmine

Jazmine Dancing Queen!

Wow what a fun filled exciting day you had hun, you are such a hoot Sarah::lol: you always make me laugh :hug2: cant wait for the next instalment HAVE FUN :wave:
    Jacqui xxx

3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Hey i'm still waiting for my date from him from 3 years ago :rolleyes008::lol:

Sounds like a great start to your hols :p015:

4. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

:lol: you're so funny! what an exciting day....:yes:

5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Fantastic start to the trippies Sarah and I love the photo of you at DHS!:lol:

6. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

oh i sooooo want to be in WDW when you are! I think between the 2 of us we can get the ends off those benches muwahahahahaha...erm...yeah...more trippie?

7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Sounds like a good day! That tomato soup at EOS is awesome. I always get it no matter how hot it is!!

8. PsychoAlice

Can you say setaline torch?

9. SleepinCatz

Yuppers...and I bet I can find a way to get it thru the gates muwahahahahahaha...ahem...um yeah. lol

10. PsychoAlice

LOL no gates at DTD

11. Johnie

and no bag checks.......

12. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Sarah, you amaze me. But that is nothing new. :hug2:

13. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Sarah ... you are just too cute . At last more than just eyes . LoVed your trippie . Now, get typing,,, I want more .

14. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Hey Sarah, take a breath. :lol: Sounds like you crammed a lot into that one day. And had a bunch of fun.

15. disneywishmom

disneywishmom Earning my ears

"NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!"

That is my favorite line.....LOVE IT!!!! Sounds like a fantastic day! I can't wait to go!

16. SleepinCatz

ooooo forgot no gates and bag checks.....this is gonna be a little easier than I thought....

17. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

OMG I'm exhausted just reading the start of your report. You sound as if you're still on a high, just keep 'em coming as good as that one

18. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

Del works for Disney?
    Ok, I just got that ONE pic of you and Amy....and then later on I got a pic of FOOD! LOL

19. Johnie

me too!!

20. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

I'll give her a break. It WAS the first trip in 10 years for her, and she was so excited, and there was so much going on. We were on the back burner. Well, except for when she txtd me at 5:30 :lol: