1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Can non-resort guests buy food & drink during EMHE?

Discussion in 'General' started by Deb, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

We are staying offsite this year, and would like to stay in EPCOT for an hour or so longer after Illuminations finishes rather then rush off with the crowds. If we go during an evening EMH, I know we can't go on any attractions without being a guest, but do we need to show any guest i.d. to buy a drink or snack at World Showcase? I don't ever remember having to before, but then I never really took note! Thank you! :)
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I honestly don't know! I can't imagine Disney making it difficult to spend money though. :D
  3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Pretty sure they only ask to see your room key to go on rides.. as Tink says, they won't make it hard for you to spend money ;-)
  4. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I have been to many EMH nights and have never been asked for my room key when buying food or merchandise. I've only been asked for my room key when getting on the rides.
  5. Deb

Thanks all! :thumbsup: That was my thought, that if they could take more money off you they'd do it, but I didn't want to plan a night around that and then be disappointed!
  6. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

7. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Mixed feelings, I've been before and everything has been a walk on which is great but when we went last year to evening EMH in MK was swamped, it was open to 1am and I thought all the little kids would be gone before midnight, they weren't and Jon and I ended up leaving Dan and Caitlin and going back to the room, they said it only quiettened down at about 12.30am. They had fun though
  8. Deb

Thinking about it yesterday we realised we had never done EMH in the evenings. We are actually more morning people, or on an evening we like to eat out often. But we have done EMH mornings many times, because at the beginning of the holidays we are awake really early because of the time difference. We have always found that to be positive. We just walk onto the rides. For example, in DHS, we have often ridden TSM, then R&RC 2 or 3 times, and TOT 2 or 3 times, before the park starts to fill. Walking up to Expedition Everest first thing in AK, and riding it 2 or 3 times in a row, then doing the Kilimanjaro Safari early enough to see more animals is great :thumbsup:
  9. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

we were only asked for our id's when we went on rides, and not even all of them...