1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Can we request a room?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by goofygal, Jan 6, 2009.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

Does anyone know if we can request a certain room or floor or building even at port orleans?

If we can, how do we do it before we go? thanx

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

You can make a request at time of booking but the more specific you are the less likely it will be honored. Requests like ground floor, or away from the pool shouldn't be too much trouble but requests like "I want room3362" or whatever are far less likely.

They've stopped accepting faxed requests at the Disney resorts now because they were being swamped and some people were being very demanding and then getting angry when they didn't get what they want.

So yes you can make room requests, at the time of booking, but remember a request is not a guarantee.

3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Last time we booked through Virgin and I requested a room in Magnolia Bend (the mansions buildings) when we went to check in I realised the building number they gave us was in the Aligator Bayou section. I asked the lady on the desk if there were any free rooms in the mansions and she got me one no problem. :yes:

4. daisyndonald4ever

daisyndonald4ever Earning my ears

I have read that POR has different locations near pools,food courts and bus stops.. Do you have any recommendations on the best location with pre teen kids?

5. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

As per allears.net:

Which are the most convenient buildings to the Resort center, pools, and bus stops?

In Magnolia Bend, Oak Manor is nearest to the Resort center, and is adjacent to one of the "quiet" pools. Magnolia Terrace is mentioned by many to be an ideal location, while others find Oak Manor to be a better choice.

In Alligator Bayou, buildings 14, 15 and 18 are closest to the resort center and are a short distance from a "quiet" pool. No room is more than a 4 minute walk from a bus stop. The main themed swimming area, Ol' Man Island, is located in the middle of the Resort. The closest buildings are Magnolia Terrace in Magnolia Bend and lodges 27 and 38 in Alligator Bayou. Unless you plan on spending a lot of time on Ol' Man Island, you are probably better off requesting a room closer to the Resort center/food court.