1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

can we take a power strip onboard?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by Eeyorerocks, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Eeyorerocks

Eeyorerocks Earning my ears

I've seen conflicting reports on this, some people say to definitely take a power strip for all the charging of phones and things other people say its not allowed? does anyone know?
  2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

There doesn't seem to be a prohibition concerning them. See this DCL web page.

However, I've never had need of one. We've always had adequate power in staterooms for charging cameras or other electronic accessories. If you're coming from Europe or the UK however, you may need a converter. Ship board power is US 110V/60Hz.

I don't typically take or use my cell phone however. While you can, it's terribly expensive. I'm on vacation. I'll wait till after my cruise to make any calls. :ROFL:

Tom :)macwave:... self appointed Assistant Cruise director. :sail:)
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`ve never found the need for a converter as most of the chargers I own are dual voltage.
    As Tom said though, you will find that there are ample sockets in your stateroom without the need for a power strip.