1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Can we talk about renting DVC points (again)?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Beccaberry, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

No, total cost was $14 point flat. No fees, no taxes, nothing additional. The $14/point is all inclusive of these things.

The $100 is applied to your total. There is no "fee" for booking. Now, if she had been able to secure my reservation and then I said, "No thank you, I'm not interested." I would have lost the $100.

Basically, in this situation, they BUY points at $11.25/point, and then SELL them at $14/point so they make $2.75/per point rented.

2. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

oh ok, that is a good deal! off to check out how many points needed for accommodation... lol

3. Beccaberry

Meant to say...the other broker we were working with only charged $13/per point. But they also BOUGHT points at a lower rate. Because of this, their inventory of points was more limited.

4. Beccaberry

I've been working with Jenny at http://dvcrentalstore.com/. I'm not quite prepared to recommend them fully, because we haven't completed our stay, but so far they have been tops. They also come VERY highly recommended and have great references. You can use their website to determine points as well.

Mari likes this.
  5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Brilliant news Becca :travolta: it would almost tempt me to stay onsite for a few days :lol:

It sounds like you've had good communication with her through everything as well, which is essential when you are doing something for the first time. I'm really pleased for you :D

Hey, I can think of something you could use the money you have saved :D it begins with "w" :D

6. Beccaberry

OOOOH I know, I know...the "w" stands for (visit) WENDY...RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT???? :wink:

7. Beccaberry

And yes, the communication we've had so far has been top notch. She's friendly, knowledgeable and really great about responding to emails quickly.

8. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:lol: :lol: of course, next year definitely, we can all go to Yellow Dog :lol:

Beccaberry likes this.
  9. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

mmmm the figures don't work for us, would be looking at a 1 bed at OKW as that's the cheapest. 398 points for 2 weeks = $5572 assuming exchange rate is 1.60 then that's £3482, I can probably get free dining for 4 of us and discount on OKW for £2700 (assuming this years discount is 35%)

10. Beccaberry

You're absolutely right - in that instance, the numbers don't add up for you. (Though, how on earth do you get BOTH the free dining AND a discount??)

What I've come to learn is that, for most, there really isn't a "one size fits all - all the time" formula. What works for some, may not work for others, and even what works for us on THIS trip, may not work for us on another trip. For this trip, it works. Should be interesting to see as we move forward how that changes.

Britchick likes this.
  11. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I've always considered this, and your link gave me all the information I needed!! Thank you :D :D

For us, unless we are buying into the DVC {someday!} , it isn't worth it. We would need at least a 2 bedroom villa (a 3 would be great), and we are looking at anywhere from $6,000 to $15,000 for a Tree house Villa at SS.

That would cover our whole vacation including resort, tickets, and dining plan. So we might not be staying deluxe, but we can save that for the trips without kids someday ;)

Beccaberry likes this.
  12. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Thank goodness!

13. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I think its worth it to stay at some resorts. If you get the villas at Grand Floridian or the Beach Club for $14 a point, its a really good deal, but I dont think $14 a point for OKW or Saratoga Springs is a good deal.

14. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

You may be right there :)