1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

can you request another room?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by dvcjane, Sep 15, 2008.

1. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

I was surprised to hear that some of our friends have asked for room changes to try and get a better location and things like that. I didnt even know that was possible unless there was a major problem?

Can you still request certain locations when you book?

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

You can put in a request but it`s just that...a request, and there`s no guarantee of your wishes being met.
    It`s far better to sort this out at check in at the resort when you are face to face with someone.

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

You can request specific locations when you book. As always, it is a request, not a guarantee.

You also can request a different room location when checking in. If possible, review the room location map with the CM during check-in to see if something is available in your preferred location. If not, ask if they will try to reassign you at a later date--there's usually a pretty solid exodus on Saturday and Sunday.

And, remember, the more precise your request, the less likely you are to get it, depending on how busy the resort is when you arrive. Someone who's visit overlaps yours already may have a specific room, or they may have assigned a block of rooms you prefer to another group.

So, the more general your request, the more opportunity is has to be granted.

That said, I'm arriving the day after Thanksgiving. I provided a request for the area I would like to be in, realizing that I probably will have to settle for what is available and request to be reassigned after guests check out on Sunday or Monday. I may be lucky, but my guess is I won't be! :lol:

4. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

I have on several occassions returned to check -in desk to ask for a different room - and my request has always been agreed to.

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I've always taken what has been assigned but for one time in the BC. :yes:

I was fully prepared to request a certain building and floor when we checked into the Polynesian. Before I could make that request, the CM told me we were being given a complimentary upgrade to Hawaii and conceirge so needless to say, I kept my request to myself! :D

That was the only time something like that has happened though. :yes: Usually, we are on DVC points at a DVC resort, so you get what you have booked (size wise) and hope for the location you want. Staying at OKW requests are immaterial for us as we really like anywhere on that property. We prefer the far back, but many folks don't so anytime we've asked for that we've been accommodated. :yes:

6. Jazmine

Jazmine Dancing Queen!

I had requested a Tower room at the Contemporary when i booked, so when we arrived in June this year we didnt even need to mention it, the CM told us a room wasnt available that day, but one would be ready for us the next morning and the Bell Hop would move our luggage for us, how`s that for service :yes:saying that it`s not always the case, especially as the others have said if it`s busy etc, worth mentioning though
    Jacqui ;)xxx