1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Can you walk from resort to resort?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by janetm, Aug 13, 2008.

1. janetm

janetm Earning my ears

Are there any close enough to have a nice walk to and from? polynesian and grand floridian perhaps?

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I'd say that the Poly to the Grand Floridian is a no go (though I'm TOTALLY geographically challanged, so please someone correct me if I'm wrong)...however, you could easily walk the All Stars (Movies, Music, Sports)...there may be others....

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

You can walk from Port Orleans Riverside to Port Orleans French Quarter and I believe from Ft. Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge also.

As for the Polynesian to Grand Floridian I want to say that might be one of the few places were Disney actually do have a sidewalk but I honestly don't remember. Becca may be right on this one. :p015:

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Poly to the GF is walkable. :yes: There is a walkway along the beach front. It leads to the GF via the Wedding Pavilion.

You can walk from OKW to DTD. You can walk from the Swan to the Dolphin to the Yacht Club to the Beach Club, to the Board Walk (it's a large circle). You can also walk to DHS and EPCOT from any of those resorts.

You can walk from SSR to DTD.

You could technically walk from other resorts (like CBR to Pop) but the roadside is not set up for foot traffic and it's very dangerous so don't do it! :eek:

You can walk along Hotel Plaza Blvd (from DTD) where there are loads of Disney property resorts (but not WDW resorts, if that makes any sense)? :unsure:

5. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

WOW! Interesting to know, thanks Tink! With all this food we're going to be eating next month, maybe we should just walk from place to place!

6. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

cause you wont be walking enough in the parks...I dont walk cause they gave me a drivers liscense...

7. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

The Boardwalk area resorts are walkable--even for me! :lol:

I usually drop a good 10 lbs during my WDW visits, even with all of the food I consume. I don't have enough time in daily life to walk as much as I do at WDW!