1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Canon Powershot S90 - Anyone had a play with this one?

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Beccaberry, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Nicked this from the magazine in the back pocket of the airline seat last weekend...looks interesting. Was wondering if anyone had had a chance to tinker with one?

Might be a good option for those who would like a bit more control without having to lug around a DSLR.

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Before buying my SLR, my first digital camera was a Canon Powershot S40.
    I still take it with me almost everywhere as it does take some great shots. Even though it`s now a few years old and has been updated several times, I find it very handy when I don`t want the hassle of lugging my Nikon around with me.
  3. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I have S30 and it is fab although I have upgraded to SLR but Im keeping mine!
  4. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Crystal (A friend from Hong Kong) has a powershot and it was fantastic :yes: I honestly think if I was going to Disney then I'd buy one and take that over my SLR :yes: (Please don't shoot me)
  5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I have the companion camera to this, the canon G11 (I have the G10 too!) (basically the same camera launched at the same time but just a few differences making the G11 a little more appropriate for the DSLR enthuiast).

It's great and a very capable P&S camera. The S90 wins on size for sure and gives up very few G11 features in reality for that size saving.

HOWEVER having used one of the new crop of larger sensor, interchangeable lens, compacts, I find the quality difference staggering. It's not that the G11 or the S90 are bad, FAR from it, it's just that the panasonic GF1, the olympus PEN etc. are still small but better.

Anyway, that aside, the S90 is the best camera at that exact size that I know of.
  6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host