1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Captain's log day 8 / 9 - pulled up anchor

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Captain Teague, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Captain Teague

Captain Teague Earning my ears

Well we made it to the last days (tearfully). We checked weather and managed to get to a full day in at AK. It turned out to be a hot one, but we managed to get everything done in the one long tiring day. Son's pass made it easy to get on everything and honestly if you skip some of the shows AK is pretty easy to do in one day.
    The next day started as we loaded the ship, uh car, for the trip back. We still had park passes for the day as we usually go to the parks and then drive outside of Disney to get a start on our trip home. So we started in MK and got some autographes and final rides on the mountains (Splash, Thunder and Space). Ate at Tortuga Tavern (very good food, nice change from Disney burgers) Rode the train back around to the Main Street Station (you get a glimps of the new Fantasyland that way too); and then onto Epcot. Straight to Via Napoli for Quatro Formaggi (no sauce). BEST pizza ever. Then the little mates did some passport stamping thru the countries. After Illuminations we pulled anchor and set sail for Tennessee. Good time for all. We learn something each trip. Pics to come as i need to go thru the 800 shots and see what we got.
    Thanks Walt.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Now that's a final day! WOWEE!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday, regardless of some lousy weather.

Looking forward to seeing your photos. Hope all was well at home when you arrived. :yes:

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I don't know how you managed to get in a car and drive after that day.

4. chief

chief Earning my ears

im exhausted just reading what you did.
    you do get some disney energy from somewhere to see all those last few things before its time to go home.
    i have really enjoyed reading you 'captains log' hope its a good journey back:thumbsup:

5. Captain Teague

Captain Teague Earning my ears

We did have several snacks leftover that last day...Disney sugar rush!!!!!