1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

captain's log soggy day 7

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Captain Teague, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Captain Teague

Captain Teague Earning my ears

Well you guesed it...rain. We made it to sci-fi dine in for lunch and then the rains came and came and came. So we pulled anchor thinking we would go swim (they closed the waterparks)...pool closed. I guess they follow suit with the waterparks and close fo lightning. We toured AKL for awhile talking to the safari guides was cool. Then the pool opened back up. By this time it was supper time so we wanted to try to get to Tortuga Tavern in MK. Getting pretty tired of mouse burgers by now. Well IT CLOSES AT 3:00. So we swing around to Pecos Bills. it was good. By now they were setting up ropes for the electric parade...wife's favorite. So we found a good spot and sat it out. Seemed like a wasted day till i realized, I'M NOT AT WORK. I have learned that to pack good ponchos (not the $9.00 Disney ponchos) and a good short umbrella.

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Yes, even the worst rainy day is better there than the best day at work. :D

I also like to take a small umbrella. :yes: They really do come in handy.

3. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

So sorry you got rained on..but it is true, I would rather be rained on at Disney than at home :D

I already got ponchos from the camping store for all of us, but I didn't really think about umbrellas. They have those tiny little ones that fit in your purse..hmm. Thanks :thumbsup:

4. foreverducky

That's what I have, a really tiny one and it really does help out. Sometimes you don't need the full on poncho, so the umbrella is a good, quick alternative.

5. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

I found that during summer storms the umbrella doesn't help out that much with the heavy and sometimes blowing rain.

6. foreverducky

Definitely agree, once it starts blowing and raining heavily the ponchos must be used.

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Ugh. I really dislike finding out that a place is closed for service midway through the day. :sigh:

Sounds like you had a pretty decent day though, for all the rain! Ponchos are beyond handy, aren't they?

Even if you don't wear them all day, you still need them to sit on after the rain. The days of Disney CMs rushing out to dry off the seats and tables through out the parks after a rain are long gone.

We use umbrellas, but as Disneyfreak points out, only when they don't get turned inside out by the wind! I wear glasses and really, really, dislike not having an umbrella.

We've still got our old blue rainsuits! LOL. Anyone remember those stories? :unsure: Haven't worn them in years, but keep them for hurricane gear.