1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Car hire at MCO

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Isafari, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Who do you choose for car hire at MCO?

We have always gone with Virgin in the past because we've either had a package holiday or a flydrive. However, DH thought the level of car had gone down a grade last time and MOANED every time we were in the car :rolleyes008:

I have booked everything myself this year so we can choose some one else for car hire. Has anyone had any bad experiences with car hire from MCO?

I like the idea of Avis because (I think) you get to choose your own car from your grade.

Do you book direct with the car hire company?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

If you are doing it yourself, yes. Book directly with the car hire company. Any of the big names would be pretty safe to go with. Avis, certainly, Budget, Enterprise, Alamo, National. Hertz is probably the number one company, but then they are usually pricier too.

3. malcolm

malcolm Villa Owner

We always use www.usrentacar.co.uk as always worked out cheeper than booking direct with Alamo even though we pick up the car from the Alamo desk at MCO

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Meant to say, what ever you do, DO NOT rent from EZ Car Rental! :eek: They are the WORST for customer service and have terrible cars. :eek:

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Alamo and National are one and the same but still two different companies. Confusing huh? Anyway, you go out and pick out your own car as well. I've used both successfully many times.

I've gotten Budget twice via Priceline and had crappy cars both times. One time I had to have them come give me another car b/c the tire blew out near the Florida Mall.

6. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

Ive had Alamo and dollar, got dollar again this year too

Diane you can chose at Alamo too, and they have direct road too, cuts down queueing up big time I'm told

7. luvthemouse

luvthemouse My nickname is DANGER

When we've rented, we've always done so with National. We have their Emerald Club membership. We just exit the terminal and go to their area in the parking garage and pick whichever car we want out of the catagory we need. It's kind of like a kid in a candy store thing...you can pick whichever one you want!!:p Ok, so maybe it's not that exciting, but I like it better than having something assigned to you. Then you just drive to the booth and give them your information and off you go!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

psstt...National has the Emerald Club

9. Grammiepo

Grammiepo Daisy Inspector

Thanks thought I had lost it. with the DGD we used Enterprise and they picked us up at the airport and took us in to the back woods of Fla. gave us a map and we picked out our own car, find getting there but leaveing not so fine, after we had found the place had to wait for the bus to take us to the airport and almost missed our flight, even though we left the resort fours hours before our flight, must have waited for that bus for more than and hour and a half.

10. Figment

Figment Imagineer

We've always used National in the past because of the Emerald Club...but for this trip I couldn't find a rate with them for less than $400+:shocked025: and I just couldn't justify the cost.

So, thanks to the Bargain Fairy, we've got a reservation with Dollar for only about $200. Hoping that we're as pleased with the car we get there.:yes:

11. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

Our TA booked our car for us this afternoon with a company called Holiday Auto's. They beat all our quotes hands down.

12. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

going to try them for a quote now....will let you know how they compare for us....