1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

car hire insurance

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by keith, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Easier than driving here. I love it - all part of the adventure for me. I've never got lost and I am the master of taking random turnings.

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

that sounds promising! If anyone can get lost though, it's me :lol:

3. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I find the driving isfine. The signing is good from either SANDFORD OR INTERNATIONAL BOTH GO ONTO A TOLL ROAD so make sure you have $ available. before you leave airport make sure know all the controls and lights.you can also hire a GPS

4. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Yep make sure you know the controls before you set off. Cue embarrassing moment at first toll booth as I try to figure out which one of the 40 buttons on the door opened the window. :D

Seriously everything is so very well signposted. Remember it's a country where people would rather drive than walk so it's all set up for the car.

5. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

keith its so simple i do the driving over there and it is easy the run off roads at junctions on i4 are like a mile long so you have plenty of time on disney property everyone is in the same boat visiting so if you make a mistake so what you get honked but you learn quickly to honk back :lol: remember you can turn right on red as long as there isnt a sign saying stop on red and turning left is easy cause its usually got lights and just follow the white line in the middle of the road and parking bays are huge doors open wide not like over here :)

6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`ve really done the rounds regarding car hire Keith but nowadays I wouldn`t use anyone else but Carhire 3000.
    They use Dollar car rental and I`ve always found them to offer the best deal..they often throw in upgrades at no extra cost.
    One thing to bear in mind is that the trunk [boot] on many of the cars is relatively small, however you may get away with hiring a compact depending on the amount of luggage you take with you.
    We often prefer a bit of comfort so we usually have a 4 door Dodge Charger which swallows up most of our luggage and [by US car standards] seems to have a bit of "grunt" also....it also looks the business!

7. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I had a dodge charger last year it was a nice car to drive

8. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

keith i find it so much easier to drive there than here...mind the school bus law mind, if you overtake it while the flag is out the driver can report you to the police also you can turn right on a red light....first to arrive at a x road has right of way...so do look up on driving laws for over there. they are 100% more curteous than here. you can under and overtake which is cool and no one is in a hurry to get anywhere :)

9. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Unless you happen to travel on I-95 near to Miami that is! :shocked: