1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Car or Taxi?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by DisneyAddict, Jul 6, 2008.

1. DisneyAddict

DisneyAddict Imagineer

We're hiring a car this year but is it possible to see everything using disney transport or orlando transport? how would we get to places like universal and busch gardens?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

While staying on WDW property you can use their transport to go to all parks, water parks and DTD. You can go from resort to resort with their transport, but need to transfer at DTD or TTC. Many people like to use their car for those types of visits, instead of the cumbersome transfer.

It's most efficient to have your own car when going to the other parks, such as US/IOA, and Seaworld. Yes, you can use a taxi or even the bus, but your own car is much more convienient. :yes:

BG almost requires your own car. I know there are buses set up for transport from Seaworld, but (at least for me) having my own car would be much more comfortable and convenient.

Can you do without a hire car? Absolutely. You will need to pay for cabs, understand the public transport system if you wish to use that, and know the special tour bus transports (like the Seaworld to BG one) if you wish to use those.

It would be interesting to see if buying transport as you needed it was less expensive than hiring a car for the whole of the holiday! :yes:

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

welllllllllllllllll we don't hire a car but sure, it makes it harder to get to places outside Disney.

On disney property, the busses really are pretty great although to get from resort to resort can take ages!

Getting to malls/universal we just get a taxi from outside the resort. It's not the cheapest way to do things but it's easy

4. TiggerD

TiggerD Earning my ears

We don't hire a car we always use taxis, would like to try a car some day :wave:

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yayayay someone else! I was starting to think I was the only one who used Disney busses and taxis :lol:

6. TiggerD

TiggerD Earning my ears

Your not alone mate :207::207: