1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Car rental Companies at MCO

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Dorothy, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Re: Car Hire photos

I remember a while back that I too had booked a minivan when a couple of friends came to Florida with us.
    At the time Dollar had no 7 seaters available so they gave us a 12 [or maybe 15 ?] seater without any extra charge.
    I absolutely hated it though as it had the turning circle of an oil tanker and parking it in confined spaces was a nightmare!
    We swapped over to a car after a couple of days because our friends were to return to the UK a week before us so we didn`t really need the extra luggage carrying capacity that we had on the day of our joint arrival.
  2. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

i wouldnt fancy a 12 or 15 seater they are just humungus. the 7 or 8 was quite good to drive, esp the chevy astro
  3. Sam

Sam Imagineer

Sorry guys I don't have a photo but I did want to tell you about the great service we got through usrentacar. We booked an 8 seater through them but our car was with Budget. We had the choice of any of the minivans and we choose a Chevy Astrovan 8 seater. It wasn't until we left the car park that we realised that it was brand new with just a few miles on the clock. In fact you could still see the suction marks on the windscreen from where it had been put in. It was amazing. My brother in law booked directly with Dollar, paid £200 more than us and also had a chevy astrovan but it was much older and beaten up, it looked very sad parked next to ours.

The best thing about our car was that the doors would slide open before you got to it which was very useful when you couldn't remember exactly where you parked. At first I thought I had left the doors open and started to panic. My DH then admitted that he had opened them as we walked up.

The drop off was very smooth and the staff were lovely, will definately use usrentacar again, although I think we were lucky with the car we choose. Saying that all the cars were in great condition we only choose ours because of the colour.