1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Caribbean Beach Resort tips and advice?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by bigpapajon, Mar 29, 2013.

1. bigpapajon

bigpapajon Earning my ears

Heading there 6/1-6/8 with my DW, 7yo son, and 18mo daughter.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 on Tapatalk

2. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Well what would you like to know? I would recommend that if you can, find one of the themed resorts closest to the food court and themed pools. It is a BIG resort and if you are on the far side of the lake it can make for a long walk for your breakfast. I think we stayed in Trinidad section and that wasn't too bad.

3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Have you been to WDW before? Are you on the dining plan? What kind of things do you want to know?

4. bigpapajon

We've been, but it has been almost 20 years. We are buying the plan with one sit-down and one quick service.

I'm wondering about the transportation, on-site stuff, and scheduling suggestions.

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well, I find WDW transportation to be great. When we go (we drive) we park our car and never touch it again until it is time to leave. Plan on your travel times, and you should be ok. We allow an hour for travel when we are going between RESORTS. There is no direct route, so you need to go from one resort to a park (or downtown Disney) to transport for another resort.

I don't know much about CBR as we've never stayed there, but have visited. It's lovely with pretty shops and restaurants. It is a large resort as 'Skip says, but we love to walk so that wouldn't matter much to us. We are DVC members and often stay at OKW so you know we like big resorts.

You are going to see so many changes that you may not recognize the place! Twenty years is a long time between visits, so I'd consider this my first visit if I were you. :yes:

You have four parks, and downtown Disney. Not to mention your resort is a destination in and of itself so do some thinking about those things you most want to do.

MK and EPCOT can be two day parks. Mostly it depends upon what you really like. I LOVE AK but many people are not as enthused. The animal habitats are wonderful and the detailed theming is absolutely incredible. The only real drawback to AK is that there aren't really any super wonderful places to eat there. DHS is my least interesting park, so we only go there for special events.

6. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Any chance you're staying in a pirate themed room?

Your 7 year old might enjoy the Island of the Caribbean Pirate Cruise :yes: and there are loads of other fun activities around the resort.

Like Watchinherskip said, it's a LARGE resort - if distance/walking is an issue you'll want to request a room close to Old Port Royale (Martinique or Trinidad).

For something novel, mail yourself a coconut :) It'll be a fun reminder when you get home!

7. bigpapajon

Saving money by not doing that.

8. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

:) don't blame you a bit! More to spend elsewhere, eh!?

We've stayed at Caribbean Beach and quite enjoyed it, the grounds are lovely!

9. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Like Becca said, it is a lovely resort. Very nice tropical theme. There is good transportation at CBR but you may have to make the big loop around the resort best to find the resort either near the first or last stop. Trinidad or Martinique are good choices.

10. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I agree that it is a beautiful resort. However, it was just too big for our likings.

11. susanm

susanm Imagineer

nice resort...my first on site resort was Caribbean Beach...however, the section we were in was quite a walk to the main bldg....at the time the buses circled the resort, and ours was the last stop on the way OUT.
    so if we wanted to eat breakfast at the resort we had to walk to the main bldg, then get the bus, and it was quite a walk. i would ask for a bldg closer to the main. i did like the resort, a niece and friend was with us for 2 nights and their dance group stayed there so they liked being able to hang out with their group at the themed pool at night. but since i have stayed at PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE (wanted french quarter but it was closed for refurb) and CORONADO SPRINGS and i would pick coronado springs . just like the theme better. and a bit newer looking too. but that is just my opinion