1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

caribbean beach resort

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by big si, Feb 7, 2010.

1. big si

big si Earning my ears

hi this is my 7th trip to disney world and i have stayed in the disney all star resorts and the contempory resort and this year have decided on cbr, i was wondering if anyone knows if at the bent rentals and lakes are they any creatures such as turtles snakes and i even heaar alligators hope someone can help thanks.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well, any body of water in Florida, such as a pond, lake, river, retention pond, etc. will have wildlife. Yes, there are often turtles. You'll see them in the little ponds at WDW quite often.

Snakes? Unfortunately, yes. You don't see those nearly as often, thank heaven as they terrify me just to think of them. :(

'Gators? Yes. If it's a body of water, and it's in Florida, there will be a 'gator in it. You rarely see them in WDW. They go out of their way to keep them away from the guests. Once in a blue moon you'll see one lazing here or there, but usually only from quite a distance (from the monorail looking down, for example).

We've rented water craft, and have never seen anything frightening (animal/creature wise).

3. big si

big si Earning my ears

thanks tunk it's just my mum is terrified of snakes she can't even look at the one from jungle book and one year when there was one at the petting farm at animal kingdom she freaked

4. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

We stayed there in 2000 and had a lovely time. DH spotted the odd grass snake and plenty of those little lizards - but then we have seen them at GF and YC too :)

5. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

what? snakes at disney?????? im about ready to pass out now, are there dangerous ones??? :sorry:

6. hurster97

hurster97 Earning my ears

Although each village has its own beach at DCBR, you're not allowed in the water. Stick to the walkways and paths and you should not encounter any reptiles. Be warned, however...there are small lizards everywhere and will often jet out from the underbrush and skamper across your feet while making your way around the resort.

If mum startles easily, you might want to warn her.

Safe journey.