1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Caribbean Beach Resort

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Britchick, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

nobody ever seems to talk about this resort! Admittedly it's one of the ones that i haven't actually been to. Has anybody stayed there?
  2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

We stayed there...YEARS ago (in my first life, even!). It was the first moderate we ever tried. We enjoyed it, with the usual caveats - it's a REALLY large resort, there can be lots of walking, make sure to include a room request, yada, yada, yada. I don't remember the pool being anything to go :mental: over, but I do remember mailing ourselves a coconut postcard which was pretty awesome (and which I'm quite sure we still have to this day).

We must not have been overly impressed with it, as I wasn't fussed about going back to All Star's/Pop over the next decade or so :)

I do remember walking around the water though, it was quite relaxing.
    Britchick likes this.
  3. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

We stayed there once and it was nice. Nothing fantastic mind you, but very relaxing. You will find that it is quite spread out and it may take a while to get to the food court and the like. There are nice quite pools and a pretty nice themed pool. The transportation took a big loop around the property so it takes a while to get to where you want to go. I liked the look of the place and the lake is really nice.
  4. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

I went there a few years ago and yes, it was nice. We were near to the food court so only a short walk but, then I went to the BC and then there was no looking back
    Britchick and Beccaberry like this.
  5. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Have never stayed there ourselves but know family members and friends who have and I don't remember hearing any negatives about it.
    Britchick likes this.