1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Carpe Diem Feb 09 - Sunday 8th - EPCOT pt 2

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Skywatcher, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Well after a quick pin on the scalextric track we were all feeling pretty hungry and in need of something quick, so I did my usual 'hands on hips, stare into middle distance and try and think of somewhere suitable' thing and realised after 2 minutes that I was staring straight at a Pizza slice cart. :thumbsup: perfect.

So I queue up whilst the kids try there best to get soaked to the bone in the cool station ( you know the one with the car and the coke - the one where the kids all run around like idiots on the slippery surface and all the parents watch on from between their fingers).

So after sitting on a bench and having a pizza each we head over to one of the Kim Possible recruitment stations to enlist to save the world. This is the thing Matthew has been MOST looking forward to ever since I showed everyone the review of this on the board before we went and he is so excited he almost does a 'Winnie' as the lady explains what we have to do

[​IMG]

We walk round the world showcase to Norway as the ticket tells us to and the agents thre inform us that the adventure we will be doing is in Norway as well.

The boys take it in turn to hold the Kimmunicator as the tasks are neatly divided up ( thank G*d)

The Kimmunicator itself is a fantastic bit of kit and the animation on the screen is as perfect as any cartoon
    [​IMG]

I really want to tell you all the cool stuff that happens on these adventures, but it would really spoil it. Suffice to say your Kimmunicator activates lots of cool new animatronics/opens doors/takes covert pictures etc etc etc, some of the special effects are really quite large as well :yes: in all the adventures (think there are 7 in all), the time and effort that has been put into developing this is EPIC and it has revitalised and rejuvinated the world showcase. I have no hesitation in saying it was the BEST thing in EPCOT we did all holiday and the boys just couldn't get enough of it.

Anyway after we had finished the Norway adventure and promised faithfully that we would go back again on our 'world showcase' day we took the boys over to see Figment

Matthew was a bit anxious again, and when pressed as to why said he didn't like the ride because that was ' where Mummy lost her sunglasses, and I don't want to lose Brer Rabbit thank you'

:unsure: that was 4 years ago when he was 2 how does her remember that

TBH its not a fantastic ride, another one for my needs improvement list - such a shame as it has such potential - Matthew did not like the skunk smell at all.

Had fun playing in the imagination pavillion afterwards, why is it we always get the one computer that won't work :unsure:

Getting a bit tired now so we stop for a frozen coke in club cool as we walk out of the park. Thomas is desparate to do spaceship earth and we manage to persuade Matthew to go on as well. This nearly backfires immediately as the opening scene with the Mamoth hunt is quite overwhelming as it emerges out of the dark.

Well do you know I had NO idea that it had all changed in there - the addition of all the computer screens is great and the boys laughed hysterically at all the things that they do with your photo on the 'return to earth'

It was so in need of an update and more specifically a sponsor. Loved the photos zooming to your place of origin as you get off the ride and there is sooo much going on in the off loading area, so nie to see this being used again - it looked awful when AT and T took their sponsorship away.

It was a great way to end the day and the boys said that SE was their favourite ride :lol: so yesterday it was CoP and today its SE - we have 2 budding little geeklets :thumbsup:

Bus was waiting to whisk us straight back to the hotel and when we arrived in the room we all crashed. It was only day 2 of the holiday and we just couldn't believe how much we had done already. Thomas had a headache, presumably due to dehydration and just wanted to sleep so I went to Roarin forks to get nuggets and drinks to nurse him back to health. Lisa was feeling healthy and had a salad that was unfortunately 98% dressing and nuts and 2% leafy green - think this must again be a cultural thing.

Anyway as we munched we watched the top 7 must sees again :rolleyes: and watched as Stacey screamed her head off on test track - ' see' says Matthew its scary - grrrrr :mad:

Just before bathtime Matthew starts running around the room

:mental:

he has pulled out his wobbly tooth !!

wooo hooo woohooo

:mental: 'Now Tinkerbell will come and give me $5' :mental:

' :unsure: who said she would bring $5'

:mental: ' That nice lady we met this morning' :mental:

( :dozey: you know who you are! )

Boys are soo sleepy that they are shaking in the bath

Just have time before we crash out to put another 2 soaps into the case ;)

Well not all of us have a soap factory and I do like smelling the Disney soap when we get home :D

2. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

:lol: at not having a soap factory ;)

Another great day,can't wait to do Kim Possible.

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

pmsl and snap

4. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

brilliant report :lol: at soap factory

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well? Did she then? Tinkerbell gave it to me on good authority that the going rate for Disney lost wobblers was $5. :yes: (When I read that part to Herself, she said, "Wasn't ME!"). LOLOLOL. I wondered if the boy had lost the tooth. Didn't want to ask so chose to wait for your report.

We like the Disney soap too. :yes: We liked the older Mickey theme, but this new stuff is ok, too. :yes: We keep it for the guest bath. When folks come there are Disney soaps, and towels, face cloths with Mickey. :yes: :D :D

Nice report! Thank you. Looking forward to reading more. :D

6. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

:telltink:

oh no wait....but hey, Matthew says you are nice. :lol:

PS - 2 photos are not enough. :(

7. Skywatcher

I know but I really wanted to finish the day and that was all I had in photobucket last night

The photos are a nice addition but it does make it more fiddly to do the report as my laptop isn't the one we keep all the photos on ( unless you want the report scattered with pictures of nebulas), so thats why its taking a while - I have to find a few for each day we like shrink them down and upload them on the bucket first - if I only have 1/2 an hour to bash out a report most of that can be spent farting about with photos :sorry:

Will do better next time miss :sorry:

8. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Or you could do one big photo report at the end. :D

9. Skywatcher

True - that would delay the wetsuit one nicely :D

10. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

:D I like to keep them to use just before going back to WDW.

11. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

i had litterally millions of soaps and other toiletries from disney and i just wasn't using them so i donated them to a women's refuge and they gave them to kids that had to flea their homes- figured they could do with something happy.

12. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Soaps! We nicked loads of them from Pop one year, I felt like a bit of dodgy geezer when they get checked at Sanford!

13. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Soap factory very funny:tongue:
    Unfortunately having never stayed onsite l have no idea if the soap is any good. Sounds like a great day. Did "Tink"erbelle deliver $5

14. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Thanks for those pics- I've never seen the kimmunicators before but they are as :awesome: as I imagined :yes:
    There is something so nice about hotel soap :yes: I always take a bar (or three... hundred) when we go away. Reminds me of holidaying :yes:

:point: @ Factory

15. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

Kim Possible sounds great. Another new thing to try in Epcot & we still havn't been to club cool to try 'Beverley'!!

A brilliant & tiring 2nd day for you all xx

16. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

HA HA HA! LOVED the $5 suggestion for the tooth......
    WOW! We gotta go do that Kim Possible thingy.

17. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Excellent adventures!

18. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

the Kim Impossible adventures sounds amazing! Im glad they came up with something to do for the kiddos, other than the kidcot stops!

$5 is the going rate huh??? hahahaha... well, at least he was kind enough to let you know how much he was expecting, hahaha

hahahahaha @ the soap factory.... I love Disney Soap! Its like been there all over again...

19. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Ummmmm well? Did Tink bring the boy $5? :unsure: Oh, I do hope she did! :yes:

20. Skywatcher

If you read the next days trip report you shall find out ;)