1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Carpe Diem Feb 09 - Tuesday 10th - Animal Kingdom, Swimming and Wishes pt2

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Skywatcher, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Thomas and I walk over the bridge and past the Nemo theatre into Dino land to find Matthew trying desparately to win cheap cuddly things at enormous expense :rolleyes: - he loves this place and is strategically trying to play games that noone else is sat at to try and win things. Lisa has a huge pile of tokens in her hands and looks set to be 'busy' for a while.

Thomas comes over all misty eyed and gazes meaningfully from this...

[​IMG]

To me and back again.

I try a similar pleading look to Lisa but she is having none of it and pretends to ignore me :dozey: - I shall not forget this.

'Oh Thomas, no darling its horrible'

'Pleeeeeeeeaaaasseeeee. pleeeeeeeeeease'

'Oooooooooooh'

'Yay' runs off

'Oi!' says I running after him 'That wasn't a yes' - well clearly in his books it was and we join the back of a queue that looks ridiculously long, which I don't mind as it will be a long time till we have to go on and hopefully :fingers: he will need a pee before we get to the front of the line.

Unfortunately seeing that the line is quite long they open the other 'half' of the coaster and we are getting on within 5 minutes

:dozey:

Well for those who have never done Primevil Whirl - how do I summarise it...

Imagine if you will being suspended from a ceiling fan that is spinning reasonably quickly, whilst simultaneously being hit by baseball bats with nails driven through them, weilded by men called Dougie who have arms larger than my leg.

Either that or get mugged then stick you fingers down your throat

Us coming off the ride --> :blech: :excited:

' oo oo oo oo can we do it again?'

'No' Somthing in the way I said it must have gotten through as he didn't ask again.

Matthew runs up and shows me the worlds most expensive toy Turtle and a Frog , at this rate we will need another bed in the room just for all the cuddlies.

In need of some 'quiet time so we let the kids run around the building site that is allegedly a 'play area' in Dino land and watch people fall over and cut open thier legs on the chain link by the water fountain, when its Matthews turn to do this particular attraction we take them out to dry off in the sun and try and stop the bleeding.

Decide as its on the way out to visit with Tigger and Pooh on the dock

[​IMG]

Walk out of the park and admire the beautiful anteater shambling around and get the bus back home to the hotel.

Its a shame but the AK like it or not is now a very very busy park and it remained so throughout the whole trip , it is such a shame but there you go :(

Anyway back at the hotel the boys are pleading to go swimming - it is in the high 70's and its all part of the holiday so we decide to let them for a while.

The BEST thing about the kids getting older is that we dont have to strip off also to expose any flesh and they can wear themselves out running around the waterslide a billion times. Whilst Lisaand I snuggle under a towel and drink hot chocolate :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After this pic Matthew had a slight ' got caught in the turbulence and lost some confidence swiimming in the pool' moment so we got him a jacket which looked pretty cool but as you can see the evening breeze was beginning to get a little chilly
    [​IMG]

This didn't stop them carrying on for another hour or so.

I absolutely love the duks in the pool at the WL - not sure I have ever seen this anywhere else in the world - guess this means that the ducks are exceptionally clean and the water is full of duck poop

[​IMG]

Boys are forcibly dragged from the pool as dusk settles so that we have time to grab a quick bite to eat before heading to the MK for Wishes on the boat ( love being in a MK resort - could never 'nip' to the MK before.

As we enter it is obvious that the park is very empty for some reason ( we heard later there were under 10,000 people there today and as we have a few minutes we head to Tomorrow land and walk straight onto Buzz, the Lisa takes Thomas onto Space Mountain whilst I take the boy on the chiropractical car ride :D

Literally only 5 minutes to Wishes now and we walk up to the hub expecting crowds but there just arent any - we watch from the left side of the hub and arrive just as the lights lower.

If you've seen it I don't need to write any more, it is just utterly wonderful, completely magical, and one of those moments in time that I wish would last forever. Stood there gazing as that last huge golden firework seemingly encases the whole sky with the whole family smushed up together and the music soaring, misty eyed :cry2: well... you lot know what I mean.

As the lights come back on its a few minutes before the throat lumps let us all spek and Matthews firt words are

' I just want to give the castle a hug '
    [​IMG]

A pleasant stroll out of mainstreet and wave at the cast members on the station ( no Mickey I notice!) to get transport back to our hotel.

I reckon we should get the bus back , and as it turns out that is a good move as there is a queue of about 200 people for teh boat and we are the only people on the bus ( seriously people are such sheep sometimes :D)

We get to the room and crawlinto bed just as Illuminations is rumbling in the background - actually think this is the latest we have been up since we arrived :lol: as we drift off to sleep we hear the EWP music through out bedroom window and promise ourselves we 'will' see it this time as it is only 20 yards from our bedroom window.

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Such a wonderful day!

What?! You don't like Whirl! Sure you get beat up and get rammed into the person next to you (hope you know them), but that's the joy of the ride. Really it is!

Oh, he looks so cute all cold and shivering. He even has the balled up fists that one gets while trying to enjoy themselves while they are also freezing. :D So cute!

And yes, we know what you mean. :D

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Great report.. makes me miss the Wilderness Lodge sigh

4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I love the WL. It lived up to all my hopes and dreams...well except the little quick food place. Other than that it was more than I could have expected. :yes:

5. keith

yeah they could do with a better quick food place that's for sure :yes:

6. Skywatcher

Completely agree, it is so often heaving to the rafters, and when it got 'busy' in our second week there was a queue right out the door

7. keith

yep, and I dont think it's open 24hrs like other deluxes are (though perhaps that's changed?)

Still love the place though and looking forward to going back in nov :)

8. Skywatcher

No its not open 24 hours, shuits at midnight I think and opens at 6 am

9. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Harambe!

10. Skywatcher

Is that now your stock reply to all my reposrts

11. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Just the Animal Kingdom ones. :D

12. Skywatcher

Ah right - knock yourself out then we didn't go very often at all :(

13. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

I thought the ducks in the pool was a joke until I looked at the photo. Yikes...

Awww.... :sigh:

14. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Less than 10,000 people at MK! WOW!

15. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

kids the world over are all the same, i'm not cooooooooold mum they chatter through blue lips!! :lol: getting closer to the 14th........keep em coming :tongue:

16. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Brilliant!! :D The WL looks like an excellent resort!

17. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

A brilliant day & the way you describe Wishes is pure magical. Thanks for sharing xx

18. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....

19. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Agree with you about Primeval Whirl - I try to avoid it if I can.

We had ducks in Stormalong Bay - DS loved them. Perhaps they just fly around the resort pools all day - hope they do their pooping in the lakes though!