1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Carribbean beach resort how far are the rooms?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by jojo, Jul 24, 2009.

1. jojo

jojo Imagineer

Has anyone stayed at the caribbean beach, could you recommend some rooms ? thats if we're able to say which one we want to stay in :/

I think the pirate rooms are in trinidad south but it looks a long long way from the food court?
  2. jojo

jojo Imagineer

no ones stayed at this resort? :( is it that rubbish??
  3. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

We stayed in Aruba and it was absolutely lovely. Just a short walk across the bridge to Custom House (?) and then a little walk to the buses in the opposite direction. I loved this resort although it is very large, I would probably love every country here and the walk would do me good after the enormous helpings of food although I do think there's a little internal bus to get you around.:thumbsup:
  4. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I have stayed at CB twice but I cant remember the name of the buildings where I stayed. However both times it was very far from the main pool and food court. If I were to stay there again I would pay for a preferred room.
  5. KatMark

KatMark Earning my ears

We've never stayed at the CBR (it is our least favorite theme wise of the moderates). However, our oldest son just returned two weeks ago from a one week stay at the CBR. He was in the Barbados 13 building which was on the opposite side of the resort from the food court, pool, etc. He said the walk was about 10 minutes from his room to the main pool at a leisurely pace.
  6. hurster97

hurster97 Earning my ears

I have stayed at many resorts on property, but find myself going back to DCBR time and time again. The cast has always been upbeat, friendly and accommodating. The food offerings are varied and flavorful. The bartenders (whom I've known going on 15 years now) at the poolside cabana bar are awesome. The resort is large with many extras to keep you busy and the place is not crawling with kids. There is an internal bus system for getting around the resort by itself, but the walking trails are comfortable to get from your room to the Customs House or Old Port Royale (food court, gift shop, arcade).

Downside: Rooms are of standard size, great for couples but larger families are cramped. DME will deliver your baggage to the room from the airport, but you either have to schlep it back to the Customs House on departure or arrange for baggage transport. It is a large resort and there is an amount of walking involved, even if going to catch the DTS busses or internal shuttle. Getting to and from Old Port Royale takes time, so no quick runs for snacks or supplies. (Stock your room to avoid this). The beaches are picturesque, but you can't go in the water, however each "village" has it's own pool.

Overall this resort is a good deal for singles, couples or possibly a family of 3. **Some parking lots offer views of the Epcot Illuminations fireworks**
  7. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

ooo nice hints thanks :yes:

I always wondered at this resort, where do you get taxis from? the middle bit with the food court? the place where you first go to checkin? or I suppose could call from room but I guess they can't get very close anyway?