1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Carribean beach or all stars or pop century

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by WDWFigment, Mar 15, 2011.

1. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Earning my ears

Hi :worship: so we could stay at the carribean if we really saved for it or we could just stay at all stars or pop

questions are, is cb so much better that its worth paying more for or if not which of the all stars or pop is the best one? :surrender:

2. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

I'd rather have extra spending money so I'd go for Pop :yes: I do like all star movies and sports is okay too, but the all stars share buses and you may have to wait a bit longer. Pop doesn't share (at least for now) and that's the main reason I like it better than the all star hotels.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I dont mind staying at ANY of the Disney resorts, they all have something special.

I've got a special place in my heart for all star movies, I didnt much like music or sports just for the theme and feel but thats a bit silly and I wouldnt turn down a stay at any.

Of the moderates I prefer port orleans either french quarter or riverside. Carribean was ok, really big though. I liked the pirate themed rooms though

4. Florida Deals

Florida Deals Forum Advertiser

Dont forget the moderate resorts are offering free ddp depending on when you travel

5. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I just stayed at Pop last night (90's building) and in January (70's building). I highly recommend staying at Pop if you want to go Value.

Both rooms were extremely neat and clean. I think the room that I was in has had some recent upgrades. The furniture was in very good condition and it looked (and felt) like the shower head was new.

For some reason the alarm clock was unplugged which the previous guest could've done, but the housekeeper had definitely been in there. The towels were fully stocked, plenty of plastic cups...

My only complaint would've been where they tell you to park (for 90's) was completely full. I parked behind the 80's/70's building instead and there was plenty of parking and not really that far of a walk to my building anyway. Weird.

POP CENTURY ALL THE WAY!

6. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Also, I stayed in CB ~4 years ago and haven't been back. What you get for the money didn't add up for me. Not special enough for me. Of course I live in FL so to be fair, anything Caribbean-themed isn't going to be that special to me.

7. chief

chief Earning my ears

well if money was no object for me i would love to stay somewhere like animal kingdom lodge, but for me i would rather be able to have more money for spending or just another holiday later on. if it means stretching your wallets too much go for the cheaper [but still fab] option

8. Casey3557

Casey3557 Earning my ears

I've heard mostly great reviews of POP, although we've never stayed there. We did once stay at All-Star Sports when it first opened and there were only a few buildings "open for business". It was okay although the small room made me feel a bit claustrophobic. The kids, however, loved it! :yes: The bus transportation was not an issue for us because only one resort was open and only 4 buildings at that!

CBR is the oldest of the moderates although it has been renovated a few times. It is a very nice resort with a very colorful motif! The rooms here are a bit larger than the other moderates (340 vs 314 sq ft).

If you think you'll be spending any time at all in the room beyond sleeping and dressing, a moderate is nice for the extra space if you can swing the price difference. Otherwise, you will be okay with one of the values.