1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Castle club or empire state room

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort Paris' started by Crazycatlady, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Crazycatlady

Crazycatlady Harambe!

Just pricing up a short trip to dlp next year. Previously we went for a castle club room at the Disneyland hotel to get the golden fast pass and other luxuries. :thumbsup:

Now I've spotted that the hotel New York has a state room that also offers a golden fastpass but with an £800 difference in the price.

Anyone know anything about this. Is it really the same kind of deal but just a different hotel. Don't really mind the longer walk now that the boys are bigger.

2. rottie155

rottie155 Earning my ears

Hi Lisa.

The Empire State Club is practically identical to the Castle Club, the only obvious difference is that in the Castle Club there's a high chance you'd have a room overlooking Main Street USA - and the obvious advantage of having a private elevator down to the park's gates. Otherwise, exactly the same benefits.

Personally, I've stayed in the Disneyland Hotel - and I absolutely LOVE it... however, I really do enjoy walking through Disney Village of a morning on my way to the park - it kind of brings the magic out that bit more.

You'll enjoy the endulgance of the Club Floor regardless of which of the two hotel you decide to choose.

Hope that helps?

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Wow someone needs to tell me more about these clubs and state rooms and things because they sound great!

4. Crazycatlady

Crazycatlady Harambe!

We have booked a state room at the new York now. Looks great.

Keith the castle club at the disneyland is amazing. It is a lovely hotel anyway and even staying in a standard room is a real treat. However if you really want to splash out then the castle club is fab. The VIP upstairs check in makes you feel instantly special, then the exclusive lounge with lovely park views whilst being served free drinks and biscuits/patisseries. The meals are character meals including breakfast and Minnie is usually outside the dining room.

The best bit though is the golden fast pass, it can be used on any ride with a fast pass instantly, so no waiting for your time slot or rides selling out, fantastic if you can only go in peak season like us now.

It is ridiculously expensive :unsure: lots of Carpe Diem thoughts to justify the price, usually works though :yes:

5. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

We stayed Castle Club back when Maisie was small. It was fantastic. No queue at breakfast and we really enjoyed afternoon tea. The lift was an added bonus but sadly they didn't do the VIP Fastpass then.

6. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Booking a trip to DLP sounds more confusing than booking a trip to WDW!!

7. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Nah its easy peasy :D, best way to do it if you haven't been before is through a brochure - we used to use Paris Travel from your local travelagent

The only different aspect is teh number of ways you can get there - we are going by train but you can fly/drive boat or tunnel

The club rooms are expensive but the VIP fastpass is worth it if you are going at peak times so you can do everything.