1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Celebrate Oktoberfest All Year Long at Epcot’s Biergarten

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Munich’s Oktoberfest, the 16-day traditional German festival, officially kicks off on the 22nd September, but in the Germany Pavilion at Epcot, guests celebrate with a crackerjack quartet every week of the year. The Oktoberfest Musikanten (German for “Oktoberfest Musicians”) plays polkas and waltzes inside the Epcot Germany Pavilion while lunch and dinner guests at the Biergarten Restaurant enjoy bratwurst, sauerkraut, pork schnitzel and spaetzle.

[video=youtube;7AqeRrHw5cE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AqeRrHw5cE&hd=1&t=1m38s[/video]​

Bandleader Martin Gross is from Buffalo, NY, but is of Austrian heritage and grew up hearing classic folk music around the house. Martin took what he expected would be a one year position with Oktoberfest Musikanten before Epcot even opened in 1982. He’s now been with the band for all 30 years of its existence. In this, you’ll also hear from accordion player Edi Hadner, who’s originally from Austria and joined the band (only) 20 years ago.
  2. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I love the Biergarten. It is such good fun there and a must for us each time. I wouldnt mind being in Munich at the moment. The beer there is awesome as it is. I would love to overindulge during the Ocktoberfest. :taunt:

Mags
  3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i love the atmosphere and the beer but the food not so much, the rest of the family does though
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I enjoy the whole thing overall :yes: I don't like all of the food but there are plenty of things I do enjoy. I definitely leave stuffed!
  5. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I do quite like the food. My two like the oddest foods ever and Michael particularly likes Bavarian food - I swear on our last trip to Munich and Salzburg my pores were oozing cabbage. lol I didnt like everything but what I had was very good and the beer, the beer... Can you tell that I like beer?

Mags
  6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Mags, one of the things we'd love to do is visit Germany during Oktoberfest! We too enjoy nice beer. My Da spent much time working in Germany, mostly Munich. My brother spent some time with the US Army in Heidelberg. (Did I spell that correctly)?

We've enjoyed the Germany pavilion's offerings for some time. Even though we don't much like the changes, it's still a guaranteed fun place to visit. We were there for dinner NYE (1996)! What a GREAT time we had! That's when we learned how much fun it was to be in the country when it became the New Year in "their country." Too much fun!

They used to decorate Germany for the Oktoberfest as well. Not sure if they are still doing that. We may have to check it out!
  7. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

sign-beer-breakfast.jpg

Tom :)macwave:... you betcha! :bar:)