1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Celebrating an Anniversary at Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

What do you think is a great way to celebrate an anniversary at WDW. We won't be eating onsite but I just wondered what else we could do :unsure:
  2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

That's too bad Wendy. We ate at Victoria & Alberts one time many years ago on our anniversary and we still talk about it. :dine:
    It was truly magical. :yes:

Other than that, I'm afraid I don't have many ideas. :sigh:

Tom :)macwave:... idealess...)
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well, I think a nice tour (one that interests you both) might a fun thing to do. :yes: Or, you could get one of those photo pass photographers to walk around with you and do photos at some of your favorite places.

Orrrrrrr, you could renew your vows. :D :D :D :D
  4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

If money is not an object then easily Victoria & Albert's. Otherwise we'll choose one of the Signature Restaurants.
  5. Keith

Keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I'm such a fussy eater but even so, V&A is undeniably wonderfully special.

In terms of non-eating stuff, some of the tours really are wonderful. Backstage magic is particularly informative and an all day thing.

I hadnt thought of photopass but as Tink says, they will go to a resort and do some wonderful photos. Ive been very impressed by the ones I've seen.
  6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I thought about V & A because of it being special, but I honestly don't think Chris would enjoy it :unsure: Terry doesn't seem to think he will. What do you think Tink, knowing Chris, do you think it will all be too fussy for him?

Don't get me wrong he does eat almost everything except fish, offal or anything with a white sauce :rolleyes: I know don't ask :lol:

I thought about vow renewal Tink, but we did that on our 20th Anniversary in Hawaii and I think you have to be staying onsite to do it. I could look into it though and see how expensive it would be. The other thing is I'd want you all there and it's on a Tuesday, so you will be at work :shrug:

It depends on how long the backstage tours are, don't forget I can't walk for hours on end, I have to keep stopping.

The photo pass thing sounds like a good idea :D
  7. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

V & A`s is not really the place for very fussy eaters BUT they would go out of their way to make sure that Chris wouldn`t go hungry. Personally I would give it a try Wendy....if Chris is still feeling hungry afterwards, Gasparilla`s on the ground floor of the GF is open 24 hours. :lol:

I made a mistake one year of mentioning that we were spending our anniversary when we stayed at the GF.
    We entered our room one day to find it full of balloons and a signed photo card from Cinderella and Prince Charming!!!
    Later that evening we were presented with a box of handmade chocolates with a picture of the GF on the lid, and even the box itself was made of chocolate, not to mention the chocolate dipped strawberries that were delivered to our room also....all in all quite a nice touch. :yes:
  8. Keith

Keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I'll have to scan some of our v&a menus Wendy. I really am unashamedly fussy. Won't eat any veg, don't do much fish etc. They'll gladly do things like swap a fish course for a meat one so you'll have two meat courses and so on. If there's something you don't like, they'll take it off and if you prefer something else, they'll make sure you get more of it.

The only thing I'd say, and this is from a very fussy eater remember, is that, although anywhere else I won't try something I'm unsure of, at V&A it often pays to ask them about it and get a full description, then try it.

Last time at V&A they had a grouper dish which I thought HMMM :lol: but they all but begged me to try a bit and turned out it was indeed delicious. (no way they'll get me eating any green veg gunk though :lol: )

Dont forget it's a choice for each course too! several options. So I suspect if you look through the options I chose for each course, Chris would think oh I'd eat that! whereas if he looked through the whole menu first the instant feel would be no way
  9. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We did the phot package at the Grand Floridian a few years back for our silver wedding anniversary and they are some of the best photos I have of the two of us. So, I would suggest a package at your favourite resort.
  10. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Didn't realize it but V&A's has their own specific website here.

Sample menus are there. :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... go for it!)
  11. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

The photo thing sounds nice, you would get some beautiful photos to remember the anniversary by. You could do a tour and photos!

On our last visit we were in MK on our wedding anniversary and we'd booked a table at crystal palace - thats about as posh as we get! :lol:
    They did make a little heart on our table out of mickey mouse heads though which was quite sweet!