1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

changes at MK. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by BigThunder, Oct 12, 2009.

1. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

So what do you all think about the new changes coming to MK? Is anyone upset about Toontown Fair going bye bye? I'm sad only in that I have some fond memories there when my kids were little. The last few years we haven't even drifted into Toontown but still, it makes me a little sad. I can't stand the thought of Mickey & Minnies house getting demolished. Wondering if they will keep them or move them elsewhere.

Moving Dumbo...is this really happening? And if so, where are they moving it to?

No more Ariel's Grotto? That actually doesn't bother me in the least. Hope they put something good there!

Fairies Land would probably be very popular. Even tho my girls are not into the movies & stuff (a little old for it I guess) I know they would still enjoy visiting it & sounds like it could be very pretty I think.

Has anyone heard anything else that's changing or have any of these been proven to just be rumor?

2. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

This YouTube clip will show you the plans for Fantasyland expansion!

[youtube]08W5Os-Wnj0&feature[/youtube]

3. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Oh wow! Thanks so much for posting that! I had chills & it wasn't just because my house is 64 degrees right now, lol, it looks like it's going to be amazing:D Happen to have a video for what he was getting ready to say about the rest of the park? I hadn't heard about other changes in other lands.

4. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

He sort of switched to talking about changes in other resorts...this one below is part 1 of 6 (and they give you alllll the details)!

[youtube]j0WGztY05-Q[/youtube]

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We were in Toon Town just this past weekend. I will be sad to see it go, but if they make a new and wonderful place in that area, then I will be ok with it. I do remember when Toon Town wasn't there! :eek:

64 degrees?! :eek:

6. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I'm excited! Disney keeps getting better and better. I wish I worked for that corporation!!

7. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

MK has to get better and I always felttootown fair was kind of 'stuck on' and out of place - we only ever wandered in there for a few minutes each trip. Fantasyland should be much more 'fantasy than it currently is and the winnethe pooh play area still, to me, looks like a cheap replacement for an attraction

8. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

I agree I'm a bit sad to see it go but if it's going to be something wonderful then I'll deal with it.

And btw, HEY TINK!!! Long time no speak :)

9. TinkerFairy

TinkerFairy Earning my ears

The expansion has made me really nervous, but this video was awesome! I hadn't seen that before, and it made me very hopeful for things to come. I too wonder about Mickey & Minnie's houses, and hope they don't get demolished. It would be tough to explain to kids where Mickey & Minnie moved to!

I'm most excited to see the changes they make to Pixie Hollow. I love the DL version and am hoping it looks a bit more like it. The Be Our Guest restaurant sounds like a fun experience too. Wonder how hard those ADR's will be to get when it opens.

10. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

There is also suppose to be a Beast castle restaurant ?! There was already covering overtop of Mrs Potts Ice Cream Area . They are also moving Goofy Barnstormer closer to Fantasyland . And the Dumbo you tube video is excellent . Thanks
    I'm just not sure about Mickey & Minnies house on Main Street ? :unsure:

11. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Whah??? They're putting the houses on Main Street?? I didn't see or hear anything about this. Sounds very, VERY out of place to me. I don't want to see them destroyed but also do not want to see them on Main Street.:nono: There's got to be a better place than that.

12. Tink

I wonder if in putting their houses on Main St. they are going to turn them into more shops? :sigh: Or if they'll take a current shop and just refurbish it into a "house" motif and call it good.

Sometimes I really wonder if WDW thinks things through very well... :unsure:

13. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

I think that sounds like a horrible idea. How is the cartoonish style of Mickey & Minnies house going to fit smoothly into the turn of the century Main Street style? Is this a confirmed thing? or just a rumor. Please be a rumor! I only saw the one video & it didn't mention that. I guess I need to watch the others (They may be posted in this thread & I missed them).

14. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Ok, I just watched all 6 of the videos from D23 & there was no mention of the houses going on Main Street. Can anyone tell me where they heard this? It sounds too far fetched but it could be true I guesss (hoping not!).

On another note.... dang! I want to go to Hong Kong Disneyland! They are really doing some cool stuff there! And I want to see the new Cars area at Disneyland in Cali. All of it looked incredible. Now all I need to do is win the lottery to fund these trips ;)

15. Tink

I'm with you on that Cristine! I'd like to see Disney Sea in Tokyo too. :yes: I really would like to see all of the Disney parks, but realistically know that I don't have that sort of travel fund! :eek:

The lottery or power ball would be nice to win, but that means I'd have to spend money on a ticket, eh? :unsure: :lol:

16. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

haha, i know, I never buy lottery tickets either. But my husband does. One a week! lol. Bless his heart.

It would take the lottery to hit all the Disney theme parks, which is a dream of mine. I'll have to settle with my numerous trips to WDW & my one trip to D'land for now ;) But someday!........

17. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

as long as they keep the barnstormer! i love that!

18. Tink

Goofy's Barnstormer? I heard that it was going to undergo changes, but I can't remember where I heard it or what those changes might be...

I like it too Brit. It's an exciting little ride!

19. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

that's a shame! i like it just as it is! i like it when the park is not busy and they let you go round and round on it!

20. Tink

I remember how much Seth and Max both liked it. :yes: Seth is much more daring than Max (although younger by several years) and now enjoys the "bigger" rides, but Max at 10 still enjoys the barnstormer. :yes:

Herself hates coasters and heights but will actually go on this one with the boys. :yes: