1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

changes at MK. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by BigThunder, Oct 12, 2009.

1. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

My daughter who is 16 loved that ride when she was younger. I enjoyed the ride but hated it. Reason: it was ALWAYS long line & the ride itself, I think, is less than a minute long if I'm not mistaken. I remember always being shocked at how short it was & so one time I actually timed it & if memory serves me right (which it may not, lol) it was less than a minute. A long wait for a short ride :( But I do hate to see it torn down.

Still no one knows where the main street story came from??? I'm still curious about that one.
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I agree with you. The Barnstormer is something we only did with the grandkids and fortunately we didn't have to endure long lines. But it was very short.
  3. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

BT, it was meh ' I'll look for the article . I think I read it on the D23 expo news . I immediately thought the same thing . Where would they put the houses on Main St where they would fit in with the theme ? Can anyone else confirm that they have also read or seen this ?
  4. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Lawdy Tinker, am sooo hoping it's just a wild rumor, lol. Please don't prove it as fact ;) hehehehe. Seriously though, I just cannot imagine. Unless they put it at the foot of Cinderella's Castle or something & even that just doesn't seem to fit. But most certainly NOT on Main Street, please!!
  5. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I do not think they are moving the houses. I think what the article meant was that a space was going to be made for Mickey and Minnie on Main St., in that they will go in an existing building down there. I can see them taking out that Kodak shop and putting a meet n' greet area in there. I would be willing to bet the mouse houses are going to be demo'd.
  6. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Nooooooooooooo !!!
  7. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

well, as much as I don't want to see them demolished, & I really don't...i don't want to see them on Main Street even more, lol. I doubt they will take the film place out but that building is huge & for the most part unused. But I love it! I love on a hot day going roaming in there & seeing all the models & framed pictures & hanging out in the little theater. Not many people know it's all back there so it's usually empty...which is a big reason I think they will probably put them in there & then I will no longer have my happy place :(
    Oh well, I'll live! hehehe.
  8. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I have to agree , BT .