1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

Changing travellers cheques

Discussion in 'General' started by Kate, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I know these can be used almost like cash in most places, but we recieved our holiday money today from the post office, i requested mixed notes and they have given us 2 $500 cheques! Where will i be able to change a note that is for such a large amount, we had quite a bit of trouble with the $100 ones last time!

2. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

how stupid tut tut

can you go back and ask them to change them kate?

you can go to a bank to change them up, they might charge you a fee tho, or go to the amex building in sand lake road. i went there when we had ours stolen, very helpful indeed they were.

3. Kate

Its a big amount isnt it! I ordered them online and had them delievered, do you think they would change them for me if i took them into town?

We dont have a car when we go on holiday, i only know international drive - can i get to sand lake road from there?

4. ukwdwnut

i just looked on google earth, depending where you are on idrive but it set a point and it was 22miles or 29 minute drive, but GE isnt always correct. id say yes you could get there in a cab.

you can only but ask kate, it shouldnt take long to get them, but you only have 5 days. go tomorrow they could have them by monday :unsure:

5. Kate

thanks mick, ill give them a ring in a bit and see. i asked for mixed notes but they have just given me the 2 $500 cheques then all $100, god knows what youd get if you asked for high notes!

6. Kate

Phoned the post office, theres not really anything they can do unless i send the whole lot back, and obviously i dont really have the time to do that at the moment!! What a pain in the bum!

7. ukwdwnut

ok. well theres the two options when you get there, the bank or the amex building. even if it costs you $30 for a cab worth it so you can spend those big uns....i think the shops would scream at you if you went in there with those two :lol:

8. Kate

I know - they are beasties arent they!! Must say, the woman on the phone was very nice and said what were they thinking sending those out! :lol:
    Think one of them we could use when we go to disney - use them to pay for our tickets? Certainly wouldnt be able to use them to pop into walgreens for the morning paper and a packet of crisps!!!

9. ukwdwnut

im sure they just do it to p you off lol

yeah could use one for tickets, could ask them to change the other as well, you never know they might say yeah