1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

cheap eats at disneyworld?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by UKTim, Aug 26, 2008.

1. UKTim

UKTim Earning my ears

All those restaurants look great but for those of us on a budget are there any recommendations?

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Do you want recommendations for cheaper table service meals or just counter service or both?

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I assume you are talking about inside the parks?

There are lots of counter service places where you can eat but, they are mostly the fries/burgers/pizza/chicken strip type of place.

You do get nice sandwiches and salads at Columbia Harbour House at MK. Oh...there is also a noodle staion at MK

At AK, you can get counter service with the usual offerings or, there is Yak & Yeti who also do a counter service....and you can get a gorgeous shredded pork sandwich at the Flame Tree BBQ.

Epcot have quite a lot of counter service places with a difference in WS. Mexican, Chinese, Moroccan....and there's a Harry Ramsden's Fish and Chip Shop.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

There are a few places outside the parks that can help you stretch your food budget too. :yes:

The boardwalk bakery does nice breakfast sandwiches, and sandwiches for lunch too. They have a good selection of pastries and drinks too.

At each DVC there will be a store that sells some food items. Bread and sandwich makings are pretty standard. Much of the items will be frozen and require a microwave though, so that may not work so well for you. Sandwiches are always easy, eh?

Beaches and Cream and Hurricane Hannah's at the BC are nice lower cost places to get some standard fare (burgers, salad, soup, chicken sandwiches, fries...).

The food courts at All Star and Pop Century will have a good variety (better at the All Stars in my opinion) of low cost options. All sorts of things there! Many of their entrees are large enough to share.

Which brings me to my last comment. :D Sharing is very common at WDW and not frowned upon at all (no sharing at buffets, of course or the high end Victoria and Alberts). You can quite often share an entree between two adults and be quite satisfied. Another thing you cad do (oops, I did say last didn't I? :sorry: ) is "order for the table." I've done this with great success. For example, at Chefs du France I like to order the salade nicoise, the charcuterie platter, the cheese platter and two small plates (along with a carafe of their house red, which is quite nice actually). We select bits from each of the dishes and have a lovely time of it!

Hope that helps a bit. :yes: