1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Cheapest way to get to malls and the space center

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by goofygal, Mar 21, 2009.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

We wont have a car for the whole holiday and I was thinking if there were any tours to the shopping malls and kennedy space centers that would be a great way to save money on taxis

if there really isnt any way to get there apart from taxis which are the cheapest?

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I would imagine that a taxi to KSC from the Orlando area could work out fairly expensive.
    Have you considered maybe renting a car for a couple of days only in order to do the malls and KSC? This would probably be the cheapest option and give you a degree of flexibility.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Check with Skywalker, but I believe a town car to KSC was around $200?

Taxis are pricey but if you want to take one to Millenia or Florida Mall (or Premium or Prime outlets) start at downtown Disney. If the cabbie tells you it's a flat rate, move on to the next cab. Don't accept their nonsense that the fare from here to there is too low. In this day and time they should be grateful for the fare!

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I've used www.gatortours.com for both shopping tours and the Kennedy Space Centre.

Now, they start early in the day and the drivers can sometimes be pushy for tips (what's new?) but I find them decent value for money v getting a taxi (though not nearly as convenient)

We've been with them to KSC, shopping to all the malls, everglades, airboat rides, naples and some other places

5. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

Just wondering where you are staying. We have just got back from staying at the Sheraton Vistana Villages on I'drive & did not drive. We used the I-trolley & Lynx buses to get to Prime & Premium outlets (at opposite ends of I-Drive). We caught the no 42 Lynx to get to Florida Mall. We used to catch Lynx or I-ride trolley to Seaworld & then transferred to Lynx 50 to get to Downtown Disney & then the transportation centre at Mk.

Hope this helps.

If you want any more info, especially if you are not driving, please do not hesitate to ask!